Aiming for high marks in general (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am aiming for a band 6 in general maths, anyone else out there? and, did any of you people completely stuff your trials? I mean, I am ranked 3 or 4th, but I didn't pass, I think 2 ppl passed, 55% and 51%, and then there's me, on 47.5%, and then about 40 people on 30% or less. So yeah, anyone think it's possible?
Persoanlly, I think I can do it if I pull my head in and get to studying but for other people, what do you thinl?

HSC
I stuffed up nearly all my assessments for maths. I'm hoping it doesn't get counted towards my UAI cos I do really well in my other subjects....but shit in this one.

but yeah, you seem really determined, you prolly will get a band 5 or 6 :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
I am aiming for a band 6 in general maths, anyone else out there? and, did any of you people completely stuff your trials? I mean, I am ranked 3 or 4th, but I didn't pass, I think 2 ppl passed, 55% and 51%, and then there's me, on 47.5%, and then about 40 people on 30% or less. So yeah, anyone think it's possible?
Persoanlly, I think I can do it if I pull my head in and get to studying but for other people, what do you thinl?
i assumed your trials were set a difficult exam, whcih contributed to the low marks
but if you study your butt off....by memorising formulas, completing past papers then i think you're well on your way to a band 6
good luck

bubbly

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
i assumed your trials were set a difficult exam, whcih contributed to the low marks
but if you study your butt off....by memorising formulas, completing past papers then i think you're well on your way to a band 6
good luck
i agree. The only way that u do have a good chance of gettin a band 6 is 2 study, study, study! Im aimin 4 a least a band 5 4 general but a band 6 would b awsum:)

*Lozzie*

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
OMG same thing happened at my school im ranked 2nd i think but i only got 51% in the trial the highest was about 67% but only about 5 people got over 50% so im aiming for band 6 and going to really study study study and hopefully get there just kept doing past papers

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
ice ken said:
do u guys gets pages of notes for maths exams??
General Mathematics gets 1 double sided formula sheet, not 'pages of notes'. The exam is 2.5 hours.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
happibear said:
im going not too well. i have to come at least band 4 or i'll be so sad.
i have to study,study, study....
wow few pple past for trials? ur test must be hard. ahhh i dont want to know my trial marks =( in my trial theres so many money problems and i didnt study much on it. ahh im stuffed, i hope it will boost my mark in HSC.

oh yea the exam time is so quick, i didnt have enough time=( i missed alot of questions
you've got 1 and a half months to get your act together
theres still time if you work at it
practicing past papers not only enchances your understanding, but it'll make you cope better during exam pressures
im sure you'll do fine
keep it up and im sure you'll be happy with what you get

goobabanasik

person
HSC
i got 88% in my trial.. that was the catholic one.. the people who got the low marks wat trial did u do??? any chance you could send it to me somehow???

Rinni

HSC
I got 66% in the trial which was the second highest mark (highest was 67% - I'm so pissed lol) I did the same trial as *Lozzie*. But I'm coming 1st and i'm aiming for a band 5 or 6 (hopefully 6) so now all I've got to do is study like hell. Maths is my best subject ranking wise so I really want to do well. www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au has all the past HSC papers that you can download. Good luck everyone :)

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
For my mid-year report my assessment mark for general mathematics was 90.

I was ranked 5th

I just got my trial back and i got 91.

Hopefully I can maintain this.

up all nite

HSC
u guys r goin pretty well in maths. our trial only abt 8 people passed in our year.. fuk i wish i was one of em lol.... the trial was pretty hard in my opinion.. i jst wana pass maths or get ova 60%. haha its not a great aim... but i SUK in maths

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
I did my maths exam just a few days ago.

the questions weren't that difficult...it's just that I spend TOO MUCH time on each question, and so I always run out of time. I basically rushed through the multiple choice section when it was time for us to put our pens down.

I can NEVER finish my maths exams on time. That's sad :(

HSC
I am starting to hate maths! I have to study to get top bands but I really hate it!!! I can't concentrate, my maths room is too warm so i nearly fall asleep and I...aargh I guess I'm just having a shit day today. I just don't want to do maths again tomorrow.

PC

HSC
N/A
Have a break. Put it away for a while. Come back to it on Tuesday.

Relax! Go outside for a while. Go for a jog or a bike ride. You'll feel much better!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I can NEVER finish my maths exams on time. That's sad :(
Practice makes perfect. Do as many past papers as you can and time yourself on them. Work on your speed and accuracy. ;)

P.S Anyone notice the pun in the topic title? :D

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
Riviet said:
Practice makes perfect. Do as many past papers as you can and time yourself on them. Work on your speed and accuracy. ;)

P.S Anyone notice the pun in the topic title? :D
Yep :) and i'm aiming for marks in both senses. I got 92 in my trial and apart from someone eelse getting 89 i dont think there were many other good marks. There is still time to improve. General Maths is a fairly easy course, and I think most people go wrong by reading the question wrong, or not rounding thier answer. Just stupid stuff. I think they give you plenty of time to finish the paper. I did my trial twice over just to check my answers and I picked up a few extra marks by doing so.
Good luck to everyone...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)