Air Rifles (1 Viewer)

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Anyone here own/use an air rifle? Not that I do... yet... but I just came across a few old Cabelas catalogues the other day and now I really want one.

Also... is it illegal to import them into Australia? Do you need a gun licence etc?

Please comment! :)

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Whah.... nobody cares :(

But don't worry 'cos I've lost my interest in them again!

hayabusaboston

HSC
Whah.... nobody cares :(

But don't worry 'cos I've lost my interest in them again!
Dude

Air rifles shoot solid lead pellets

No amount of lead is safe in the body, it causes nerve and brain damage be it from short term or long term exposure.

Ie shooting air guns is damaging to your brain and body. Why do it? lol

Its only still around because it was around at a time when people didnt think lead mattered. Lead in society is slowly being removed everywhere.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Hey shucks, I don't even own one and at the time of creating the thread was simply interested in them and wondered if there was any air rifle enthusiasts around.

And BTW, air rifles don't necessarily shoot lead ammo. Either way, they are not designed for shooting people, and small game/vermin that are shot with lead ammo usually die before they suffer the repercussions of brain damage. However, airsoft or BB guns, which are have much smaller velocities (100-500fps) and fire small plastic pellets or ball bearings can usually be fired a people without much more than a decent bruise or a sharp sting, all depending on the firepower.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Hey shucks, I don't even own one and at the time of creating the thread was simply interested in them and wondered if there was any air rifle enthusiasts around.

And BTW, air rifles don't necessarily shoot lead ammo. Either way, they are not designed for shooting people, and small game/vermin that are shot with lead ammo usually die before they suffer the repercussions of brain damage. However, airsoft or BB guns, which are have much smaller velocities (100-500fps) and fire small plastic pellets or ball bearings can usually be fired a people without much more than a decent bruise or a sharp sting, all depending on the firepower.
Oh im not saying shooting is bad haha and I know air rifles dont necessarily shoot lead, all I was saying is that lead (Pb) the heavy metal is extreeemely bad for you even in ridiculously tiny quantities, and it just so happens air rifles very commmonly use them.

Myself, I very much like guns and shooting, though never used them or intend to use them, neither have I come into contact with them, simply because I'd rather not expose myself to the mix of shit that comes out of a gun known as gun shot residue (GSR) and all that.
Thus
I stick to shooting games like BF4 and Mass effect haha.

So yea I am a "virtual" gun enthusiast haha.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Yeah, they used to use lead in water pipes and whatnot back in the early 1900s (?) because it was easy to mould into shape... then discovered people were getting all sorts of problems from lead poisoning. So yeah.... lucky they got their act together before I came along!

jesshymanl

HSC
I think it's hard to import air riffles because they can still cause damage even if they are not real riffles.

steve barbarich

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)