Akhenaten... (1 Viewer)

OutOfOrder

HSC
Can someone please quickly outline the main features of his Foreign policy and the influence of Akh in his lifetime?

thank you!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
really briefly: ( practically plagirising from a few textbooks lying around computer :))

foreign policy

*Held a gathering for foreign ambassadors. Your evidence for this is tombs ( Huya, Merye 2 etc) The gathering was in the new capital he created and many guests would have come such as reps from Nubia/Libya/Punt/Palestine/Syria/Aegean region/Hittites.Mittani.
They brought gifts/tribute with them.

Many historians think that Akhenaton’s lack of military campaigns lead to the demise of Egyptian power and influence in the region.

He carried out diplomatic activities. The armana letters ( which u have prob. Heard of) show communication between Akhenaton and vassal princes. kings from other countries however they are one-sided. ( They have found many replies from Akhenaton, they however have many letters that others sent to him)

Many of his military campaigns ( evidence has been found to support campaigns in Syria. Palestine and Nubia * with Mittanis in Naharin reflect his foreign policy.

As for the influence of the Akh, i am unsure.

X

xeuyrawp

OutOfOrder said:
Can someone please quickly outline the main features of his Foreign policy and the influence of Akh in his lifetime?

thank you!
Girl04's right, but you need to take it a step further with addressing how foreign policy and influence has been portrayed. Look at modern and ancient examples.

I'd start with how he initially appeared as a traditional king, wearing the Blue War crown at Karnak, etc. Then move to how he portrays himself as more of an intellectual- yet point out that there's still evidence for military advisement; there are military names found at Akhetaten.

In terms of influence, you're hitting the term "legace" and "achievements"- the generic personality question. Here you address the main themes (building, religion, administration, succession, women, foreign policy, etc) and look at how much Akhenaten really achieved. Unfortunately, your particular question's being specific- "in his lifetime", but it's essentially the same thing. I think the last point you'd be able to make (due to "in his lifetime") is that his religion didn't allow for any kind of Pharaonic succession, hence both his theology and ideology dying.

X

xeuyrawp

suger_plum said:
i had to do one similiar, all i wrote about was he was portrayed as a war heroe, yet he managed to avoid it! lol! didnt do to good!
He was portrayed as a war hero only once; at Karnak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)