alarm matrix (1 Viewer)

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
Hiii for those who have graduated or not

have you found using the ALARM MATRIX useful like is it worth practicing to get better at/ is it important

my school says it is but I want to know how people such as class of 2021-2022-2023 or people who have not graduated yet have found using this?

becoz my school makes it sound like this is the do or die for writing effectively 😥

yep...

HSC
have you found using the ALARM MATRIX useful like is it worth practicing to get better at/ is it important
I have used it before, and it does enable you to get your marks if your content is correct, and if your sentence structure is easily understood - in the HSC, the markers are not going to take extra time to understand what you are trying to say. Also, make sure you are addressing the question, don't go off on a tangent using this structure, and link it to the question.

It also depends on what subjects you are doing. It works well with some science questions and the majority of HSIE subjects - I am not sure about other subjects as I am not familiar with the style of questions.

Some schools enforce this structure as it is a logical way of writing. I would say use the alarm matrix as a checklist and a basic structure - adjust it to your style of writing and the content. After you answer a question, think if you have all the necessary information and if it links to the question.

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
I have used it before, and it does enable you to get your marks if your content is correct, and if your sentence structure is easily understood - in the HSC, the markers are not going to take extra time to understand what you are trying to say. Also, make sure you are addressing the question, don't go off on a tangent using this structure, and link it to the question.

It also depends on what subjects you are doing. It works well with some science questions and the majority of HSIE subjects - I am not sure about other subjects as I am not familiar with the style of questions.

Some schools enforce this structure as it is a logical way of writing. I would say use the alarm matrix as a checklist and a basic structure - adjust it to your style of writing and the content. After you answer a question, think if you have all the necessary information and if it links to the question.
ok thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)