Albert Speer assessment help (1 Viewer)

angryravinghobo

HSC
In short, my teacher is shit, we've hardly gone through the syllabus properly and I know almost nothing. We were given this task on the same week we started the topic:

Assess the role of Albert Speer in supporting and implementing Nazi racial policies

Please tell me what I should cover plus historical perspectives for and against his involvement in Nazi terror

Any sort of help would be GREAT
thanks!

Kimia2409

HSC
angryravinghobo said:
In short, my teacher is shit, we've hardly gone through the syllabus properly and I know almost nothing. We were given this task on the same week we started the topic:

Assess the role of Albert Speer in supporting and implementing Nazi racial policies

Please tell me what I should cover plus historical perspectives for and against his involvement in Nazi terror

Any sort of help would be GREAT
thanks!
don't know if you still have the assessment but you could discuss his use of forced labour, like the dora camp...his presence at the posen speech of 1943, the one he said he wasn't at...the office chronicle...how he kicked out heaps of jews in order to let aryans live there....

Kris Q

HSC
Ok lemme see what i can do.....

In 1937 Speer started his Germania project, which was to rebuild Berlin giving it the best of everything. In order to do this, he had to demolish 50,000 appartments. So, in April 1939 he started evicting Jewish Tennants and giving their appartments to aryan Germans. THat was his first racial thing.

In 1940-41 Speer approves forced labour

1942- Armaments minister

March 1943- Visits Mauthausen COncentration Camp- he claims he only saw the positive sanatized bits. THIS IS IMPORTANT

6 October 1943- Posen Conference- Final solution (holocaust talk) was propsed. Speer was there in the morning but claims he wasnt there in the arvo. Again important

December 1943- Visits DORA missile factory. Speer saw treatment of prisoners and demanded improvement (for economic reasons)

HISTORIANS-

Van der Vat says Speer was a sham and hypocrite so look into him.

Gita Sereny says he wasnt innocent but also wasnt guilty he did share some guilt

Its not much but its a start.

GOOD LUCK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)