Alexander (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Since there's a new film on it, I thought it was most appropriate to discuss it here. Has anyone seen it? How realistic is it? I can't wait to see it!

Ive heard some pretty low feed back on it and how the Greeks are suing Oliver Stone for portraying Alexander as a homosexual. Um....he WAS a homosexual lol Well many of the Ancient Greeks explored their sexualities as they were away from women a lot (coz of war, training, etc).

How close to the story do u think it was???

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I haven't seen it but i don't think they can cram the whole life of Alexander the great into one little movie... :uhhuh:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
course not. and they left out a lot of stuff, especially the burning of persepolis which i REALLY wanted to see. but the film was still fantastic. it showed him as such a caring, passionate man. i'd have fallen in love with him if I knew him back then :p

danger stitch

HSC
Horrible, HORRIBLE movie. Like seriously it was so bad. The 50's version is a thousand times better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madstar

I thought the new Alexander was good AND terrible. Acting was pathetic, (how many macedonians have irish accents?) haha and blonde hair dye did Farrell no justice! Aside from that, i thought it was an interesting portrayal of Alex. Some parts that were really cool and extravagent like Babylon, and Hydaspes especially, and I agree with grk_styl that they showed his personality, or what it might have been like, really well. Angelina shat me right off though.

The old one however, i coundnt stand. And i love old movies. I dont really think it captured what the hell Alexander was about, which, to its credit, i think the new one did.

I'm not going to be bothered buying the DVD though, its "Director's Cut" and its very different to the one that was shown in cinema's.

I hope Baz Lurhmann makes his, only because it'd be crazy!

It was pretty cool that there was an Alexander movie coming out intime for us eh?! Even though it wasnt totally true

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)