• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Alias: The Movie? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Did anyone watch this last night? I didn't even know that they had made an Alias movie, and apparently there is another one on next Thursday. I only stated watching Alias at the start of season 2 and the movie seemed like it was set before then, so sometime during season 1. It seemed to go at a pretty fast pace, like a summary of the whole season or something:confused:? It filled in some gaps for me at least:).

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
what? so was it actually a movie, or did they just cut together parts of eps to remind you of what has happened? like a really long 'previously, on alias'?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
crazyhomo said:
what? so was it actually a movie, or did they just cut together parts of eps to remind you of what has happened? like a really long 'previously, on alias'?
Well, Channel Seven was calling it "Alias: The Movie", but as I said, but from what I can gather it seemed like a summary of season one (even though I didn't see season one, I have kind of picked up what happened along the way). It did seem like a lot happened in the movie (almost the equivalent of a season, as I said). So I'm not really sure, that is why I posted this thread:).

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
It was the first three episodes of season one, I believe. They're called Truth Be Told, So It Begins and Parity. Good quality television. ;)
So you learnt about how Sydney became a spy, how she joined the CIA and then her difficulties with being a double agent in the beginning. I didn't actually watch the eps, but I'm pretty sure it was Parity on at about 10:30 when I was going to bed.
It must be a filler, their way of repeating the season without taking time out from fabulous shows like Auction Squad and Medical Rookies. :rolleyes: I'd much rather see Miss Match and Tru Calling back on, but anyway...

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
it started out a little silly, then it just got weird, like when her dad saved sloane from dying with that injection or whatever? yeh.. loony!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
aparently it wasn't just you who thought the plot was getting too insane, jj abrams himself said he didn't like the direction season 3 took, and they are trying to move it back to how it was in the first season and a half

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
thats not a very good sign when the creator himself is saying his show is going off the rails. oh, well if thats the case then, i might go back to watching it.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
This was the most absurd and stupid thing. I looked at the TV Guide site for ninemsn and saw a big chunk of screentime taken out for Alias....clicking for more information, the pilot episode (Truth Be Told) et al were being shown! Then i see an ad for "Alias: The Movie" and im like...okay, this is ABSURD! WTF Indeed.

FYI - Truth Be Told (Pilot) was Jennifer Garners EMMY Submission 2 years ago, but lost the emmy to Allison Janney for The West Wing.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Oh, so it looks like they are going to show the whole of season one again then? That will be good, I can see what I missed out on:).

Theses episodes seemed a lot more Indie when I was watching it, like rawer or something. Its hard to explain:).

I think that season three had a couple of plot holes. I can't really remember what my question were, but I will have a think about it:).

I like the show because Jack is so secretive and devious. He seems to know so many things and I am interested in knowing who he really is. I think he is more powerful than he had been portrayed so far:).

Cerisa

I only started watching Alias from the 2nd season on, but then bc i loved it, i bought the 1st season on dvd, and then yeah, that movie was just episodes from the 1st season, which was undeniably the best. i sort of stopped watching the 3rd season though bc of a combination of too much work and plus the show has gone downhill, but i'll still see what the 4th season is like.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
.:b-me:. said:
as long as michael vartan stays on the show, i'll still be hooked :)
haha...i love the show...but i couldn't deny that i also watch it for michael..*drool*

olay

HSC
.:b-me:. said:
as long as michael vartan stays on the show, i'll still be hooked :)
i hear ya :D i finally got to watch "Alias: the movie" yesterday, now that the trials hell is over. i started watching it season 2 as well, so it's very cool having all the gaps filled in [e.g. how she became a double agent, the origins of the rimbaldi obsession]. but i think the newer eps are just as good as season 1 - haven't noticed a decline in it at all.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
With Lena Olin being fired after demanding $1m an episode and went on strike...i stopped watching.

Well, actaully I gave it a chance - but Melissa George and Michael Vartan were too fucking annoying.

P.S. Garber and Olin were ROBBED at the Emmys last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)