Alice In Wonderland (2010) (1 Viewer)

HSC
I didn't like what Burton did with Charlie and the Chocolate factory.... Alice in Wonderland is my favourite story, I think it should be left alone.

GET FREE

HSC
Iron said:
Walt hated his cartoon version because it came across as too dark, but yeah, it IS a dark tale, full of all the madness involved with relativism/ falling down the rabbit hole of meaninglessness

I have my doubts about the re-make. I dont think it transfers well with actors. Will need heavy special effects

That will not be cool.

Although I can see how its needed. The 1970's version wasn't great because it lacked those effects.

jennieTalia

HSC
I'm hoping he might give it a different angle (as he did with C&chocfact) because otherwise it will be... well that's nice and all... but... :S ahaha

At least Burton is a perfectionist :)

thewhiterabbit

HSC
THIS WILL BE THE BEST.

Burton is amazing, Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass is amazing.
I mean, look at the two Charlie and the Chocolate factory films. I LOVE the book, and the first film is awful, but Burton's is fantastic.
I can't wait for this!!

(Although I am a little confused... wasn't Marilyn Manson supposed to be making a Gothic Alice in Wonderland film? Goth fight!)

HSC
thewhiterabbit said:
THIS WILL BE THE BEST.

Burton is amazing, Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass is amazing.
I mean, look at the two Charlie and the Chocolate factory films. I LOVE the book, and the first film is awful, but Burton's is fantastic.
I can't wait for this!!

(Although I am a little confused... wasn't Marilyn Manson supposed to be making a Gothic Alice in Wonderland film? Goth fight!)
Are you fucking kidding me? What are you smoking, bitch?

thewhiterabbit

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Are you fucking kidding me? What are you smoking, bitch?
BWAHAHAHA! :lol:

Ok, let me explain;

I really like the BOOK.:read:

The first film is nothing like the book (major plot/song changes). Sure, the tunnel scene is rad, but I never really enjoyed it. Even Roald Dahl refused to let the creators of 'Willy Wonka..." make a film of the sequel.

While the second film also has many changes (Dr. Wonka) the essential criticisms and darkness of the book are evident.

But I mean, that is just my opinion, and my favouring is based on what I liked when I was about 6. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)