Alice in Wonderland and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1 Viewer)

peggd

HSC
any good quotes from this that anyone knows of that would relate to coleridge's poem Kubla Khan....or just helpful quotes in general???

:wave:
dianne

lou_217

HSC
Alice in Wonderland:

* "Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle."

* Symbolism of the forbidden garden - it is similar to the garden of Eden - an idyllic place she cannot enter until she has shed naivety and learn about herself through the journey

* Text is a metaphor about the process of growing up. Carroll is essentially illustrating the daunting process from childhood to adulthood through Alice’s journey. Alice realises in her enlightenment that being physically grown up is only half the process and that intellect and experience are theoretically the key to adulthood

* If you want to get really nerdy, you could look at a Freudian interpretation (if you want to know about this ask me...but seeing you've just asked for quotes I think I've gone a bit over board with the info!! :p)

Wizard of Oz:

* "Aunty Em was so good to me and I never appreciated it."

* "You’ve always had the power to go back to Kansas...she needed to learn it for herself."

* "Follow the yellow brick road" (haha of course!)

Last edited:

peggd

HSC
thanku so much:) that'l help me heaps:wave:

cl3nta

HSC
The best way to tackle your question is to do it on 3 A4 pages. On each one, write how each text relates to journey and the techs used to do this. Then you can visually see the links between all your texts. Plus, it'll REALLY help you with the AOS :) goodluck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)