Alice in Wonderland URGNET!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i was wondering if anyone had some good information on "Alice in wonderland" and how it relates to the concept of "Imaginative Journey" and how it is displayed what techniques and the purpose of the texts etc!!!!!!
Thankyou :)

mouldy_bread

HSC
isnt that kind of what you have to do? You cant just take everyone elses ideas and stuff, but put your own thought into it. How do you think it relates to imaginative journeys?

By the way, I love Castle Hill's shopping mall, best one ever.

pull up

look, ive watched it ages ago so i wouldn't no too much about its content. however, talk about the fanciful environment, and how our imagination is both mentally and physically moved. talk about the rythmitic tunes and songs....
talk about issues which it deals with..

gibbo67

HSC
The interpretation of AIW will differ depending on the medium you have chosen to study it e.g. if you are referring to the written version you would be better to techniques which are indicitive of a written text e.g. the poetical satire (and make sure you quote to provide textual evidence)

gibbo67

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Is Alice in Wonderland allegorical?
there are a couple of different interpretations of the story, methinks, but mostly i referred to the story as metaphorical and symbolic of alice's transition from childhood through maturity to adulthood, which i read somewhere on the internet back when i was studying it.

jo_muffin

HSC
yea, if ur doing alice, best refer to the text, as the movie strays rather, not far from the text, however, it doesn't work as well to reference. any of the websites, classicnotes or sparknotes as mentioned have good reference to it.

captainfla

HSC
^^^ yep i know what you mean with that, definately do the text not the movie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)