"alienating" others (2 Viewers)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The saddest part about my situation was that we'd never, in over 6 years of knowing each other had a fight, disagreement or falling out (we were even voted 'best bumchums' in year 12, haha). That's why it just hit me like a tonne of bricks when she ran off with some guy all of a sudden, because it seemed so unlike her.

Relationships are bittersweet sometimes :(

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
My best friend and i met 11 years ago, when she came to my primary school in year 1. ever since then, our names come together. We have always been 'shell and lana'... we were in the same class every year, except year 4, the teachers decided to split us up to see what happened, but we did really badly and got put back together for year 5 and 6.

i even applied for a high school not in my local area to go to the same one as her. we started high school really happily, until year 8. she was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa and went to hospital for a year. year 8 and 9 were the worst years of my life because of this. she came to school on some days, and suddenly she was really popular. she forgot all about me, and hung out wth a new crowd, who all thought it was so so cool to be anorexic. in this new group, in year 9, she met her current boyfriend. he is an ASSHOLE. i hate hate hate him. i hated him at school, and i hate him now.

he treats her like dirt, cheated on her many times, and accuses her of cheating everytime she goes out with us girls.

about a year ago i'd had enough. i told her that i dont like the person she had become by being with Rob, so basically told her to get rid of him, ior face losing me. she never dumped him so i realised that she valued her wanker bf more than her best friend of 11 years.

i still love her, still see her occasionally, but everytime i see her, i cant help but think what a waste of a life she's become.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
I used to go out with my friends and boyfriend at the same time, but it totally didn't work. I guess it's completely my fault, because I was doing the whole "PDA" thing.
But you know what? I made the mistake a few times, and now I've come to the decision that I'm going to keep my friends and my boyfriend separate.
That way, everyone is happy- my friends, my boyfriend, and so am I. I admit I'm not good at hanging around with them all at once. But that's cool, that's why I'm keeping them separate.
Life is a lot easier that way. Just as I value my boyfriend, I value my friends, and I don't want to lose either.

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
Shell said:
My best friend and i met 11 years ago, when she came to my primary school in year 1. ever since then, our names come together. We have always been 'shell and lana'... we were in the same class every year, except year 4, the teachers decided to split us up to see what happened, but we did really badly and got put back together for year 5 and 6.

i even applied for a high school not in my local area to go to the same one as her. we started high school really happily, until year 8. she was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa and went to hospital for a year. year 8 and 9 were the worst years of my life because of this. she came to school on some days, and suddenly she was really popular. she forgot all about me, and hung out wth a new crowd, who all thought it was so so cool to be anorexic. in this new group, in year 9, she met her current boyfriend. he is an ASSHOLE. i hate hate hate him. i hated him at school, and i hate him now.

he treats her like dirt, cheated on her many times, and accuses her of cheating everytime she goes out with us girls.

about a year ago i'd had enough. i told her that i dont like the person she had become by being with Rob, so basically told her to get rid of him, ior face losing me. she never dumped him so i realised that she valued her wanker bf more than her best friend of 11 years.

i still love her, still see her occasionally, but everytime i see her, i cant help but think what a waste of a life she's become.
its sad that nobody follows mates before dates anymore, every says that they will and then they just ignore it, if you had been my friend for that long there is no way i would risk losing that friendship for some stupid person

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i know someone whos girlfriend has given him the ultimatum of her or his friends and now he has chosen his girlfriend over his friends which is a shame. I try to balance it out but sometimes it doesnt work...sometimes it does..just depends

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
They always say that when you're in love, you IQ goes down to zero...pretty true, love makes us blind, to everyone except the one we love. Love is overused as well...A relationship without a balance of time-together and time-apart will not last long. I'll put it this way, step back a little and think: When you're not together anymore, what will matter then? What will be most important to you? Of course those who'll bring you back up to your feet again! Have an open relationship, not just with communication, but also space. A successful relationship isn't all about honeymoon, flowers, kisses and all those dream stares, it's also about trust, friendship, respect etc etc...spend time apart and develop that trust. It's invaluable.

davin

HSC
N/A
imo, someone that does this with a relationship, even the first one, is in a situation where they are more focused on some novelty of having a relationship than actual concern for the other person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)