Align Mark to 100? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
While it is POSSIBLE to align RAW mark of something like 99 or 98 to 100 (Exam mark) in some courses, Is it true that a raw mark of 100 can also be aligned to 99 or lower??

In addition, are there any courses that the raw mark remains unchanged? that is, no aligning process.

Thanks Laz, Moderators.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Da Monstar
i know the answer to that question - but choose not to answer it!
Then don't answer it.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
While it is POSSIBLE to align RAW mark of something like 99 or 98 to 100 (Exam mark) in some courses, Is it true that a raw mark of 100 can also be aligned to 99 or lower??
I don't believe so, no.

In addition, are there any courses that the raw mark remains unchanged? that is, no aligning process.
No.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
So what if the exam wasn't considered difficult or easy? then the aligned mark will then be equivalent to the raw mark.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
So what if the exam wasn't considered difficult or easy? then the aligned mark will then be equivalent to the raw mark.
What? Difficulty of the exam isn't factored into consideration
Let's just say if u get a raw mark of 100 in the HSC exam, u can be pretty much assured that your aligned exam mark will be 100

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
What? Difficulty of the exam isn't factored into consideration
Let's just say if u get a raw mark of 100 in the HSC exam, u can be pretty much assured that your aligned exam mark will be 100
But how is aligning determined?
The aligning process is determined by some guy who determine the difficulty of the Exam.
Thus I deduced that IF the exam is neither difficult nor easy, then the aligned mark would be the same as the raw mark.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i thought it was all a relative thing
like seeing how the overall candidature performs in the various exams and make comparisons from that

like if the majority of business studies students who also do 4unit maths score better in business studies than maths, there would be an assumption that the business aligned mark would be lower than the maths one

?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Read this.

It will exam how they determine a subject will align, though you can't make any conclusions from it.

is a roflcopter
HSC
screw learning how it all works :p

i think the only important point is :bigger is better

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
For the top person, yes... is this a problem? Individual band cut-offs would still be determined, and it's unlikely that they would correlate exactly with the raw marks. Hypothetically, it's possible... but it wouldn't happen. And if it did, you wouldn't know. :)

Originally posted by Newbie
i thought it was all a relative thing
like seeing how the overall candidature performs in the various exams and make comparisons from that
That's scaling, not aligning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)