aligned marks? (1 Viewer)

brucefeng644

HSC
N/A
Okey ill put it simply...in SAM are the marks we put in our raw marks(ie the average of our assessment plus exam marks) or do we estimate how much they will be after the subject's scaling?(whether positive or negative).
Like say if i got a raw 78 average for 4U maths...do i put in 78 for SAM or do i put like 89 or 90 after scaling???
cause what i noticed is that in SAM the "UAI contribution" marks are different to thoses i originally put in...so have they been scaled? doesnt really make much sense cause my physics mark seemed to have dropped in the "contribution"...and btw i do only 10units so EVERYTHING should count yeah?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You do not put your raw marks in.

SAM uses aligned marks, so you'd need to try an estimate them.

sinist4

HSC
^ i guess you could do that ... just take a look @ the 04 forum, that shows the raw marks and the scaled marks to giv you an idication of wat you scaling ...:)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
ok please help me, i looked at the raw marks.

i was looking at ragerunners physics result, he got an added 18 points or so for his physics. i think he got 70 something and ended up with 88.

does that mean, in my trials i got 68 for physics...so i end up with 86???

Riviet

HSC
N/A
angmor said:
does that mean, in my trials i got 68 for physics...so i end up with 86???
Not necessarily, the scaling varies each year depending on a number of factors including the range of marks by the students studying physics.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
students studying physics as in just my school, or the whole state? that said, is scaling fairly consistent with other years too, or has it been known to make huge differences?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
angmor said:
students studying physics as in just my school, or the whole state? that said, is scaling fairly consistent with other years too, or has it been known to make huge differences?
It includes people studying physics in your school and all other students doing it in the state. From the previous few years, scaling hasn't really fluctuated that much, but factors such as the quality of the candidature and the spread of raw marks can affect the scaling.

Affinity

HSC
I think the most straightforward way is to ask your teacher to provide some guidance on possible HSC marks

Riviet

HSC
N/A
jesswatt said:
so how do you get to 04 forums.......?
Not sure what you meant but you can view all the exam thoughts of different subjects from the '04 HSC here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)