All about Preferences and Offers (1 Viewer)

r ur original preferences automatically resubmitted for late or final round offers? so say i get my second prefernce in the main round, theres still a chance i can get my first without doing anything?

Stephy~

hi~ i actually have 2 questions to ask about preferences..

1. i'm currently overseas, can i see my offers over the net and basically jus apply for that course over the net and how? becoz before i came bak, i ask one of those teachers and they tell me u can do it all over the net.. but now i have a question, where can i check?

2. i actually want to apply for the double degree of B of architecture/B of Arts in UNSW, but then the code for Pure architecture is 423000, same as this double degree, then how can i apply for this course in the UAC preferences?

thx so much~

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
codereder said:
r ur original preferences automatically resubmitted for late or final round offers? so say i get my second prefernce in the main round, theres still a chance i can get my first without doing anything?
As it says in my original post, your preferences are automatically resubmitted in each round - and yes you may accept your second preference in the main round and then when you get off in the late or final rounds you can reject your main round offer and accept something from the latter round offers including your first preference if you recieve an offer for that.

Stephy said:
1. i'm currently overseas, can i see my offers over the net and basically jus apply for that course over the net and how? becoz before i came bak, i ask one of those teachers and they tell me u can do it all over the net.. but now i have a question, where can i check?

2. i actually want to apply for the double degree of B of architecture/B of Arts in UNSW, but then the code for Pure architecture is 423000, same as this double degree, then how can i apply for this course in the UAC preferences?
1. Yes you can check at www.uac.edu.au

2. I believe you put in the preference and add the extra degree on enrollment day

rego2

HSC
I have totally change my course preference, does that effect me from recieving EAS from other uni that i've just applied for?
Will changing all my preference effect my selection process?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
rego2 said:
I have totally change my course preference, does that effect me from recieving EAS from other uni that i've just applied for?
Will changing all my preference effect my selection process?
As long as that university was in your preferences by the 30th of November then you are considered for EAS from that university as a whole - regardless of the individual course chosen.

rego2

HSC
kami said:
As long as that university was in your preferences by the 30th of November then you are considered for EAS from that university as a whole - regardless of the individual course chosen.
Does uni always send out letter telling you that they've accept ur EAS application? cause i applied for UTS ACU and UWS and only UTS accept my application.
BTW i handed in my EAS afew weeks late after the closing date.

rego2

HSC
kami said:
Hey kami i just called up UAC and they told me it doesnt matter how often i change my preference or if the uni were in my preferences before 30th of November or not, all uni will accept my EAS. Im hoping She right tho.. UAC cant lie right? lol

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
rego2 said:
Does uni always send out letter telling you that they've accept ur EAS application? cause i applied for UTS ACU and UWS and only UTS accept my application.
BTW i handed in my EAS afew weeks late after the closing date.
Not all universities notify you of acceptance, and not all universities accept late applications for EAS - check your EAS booklet for details.

rego2 said:
Hey kami i just called up UAC and they told me it doesnt matter how often i change my preference or if the uni were in my preferences before 30th of November or not, all uni will accept my EAS. Im hoping She right tho.. UAC cant lie right? lol
Well not *all* unis will consider you for EAS if you put them in after 30th November since some have already chosen who is recieving EAS from where by that date. So its really a gamble - some might allow it, some might not. It is also no longer up to UAC whether you recieve EAS - its up to the universities and you would be better off calling them for information at this point then calling UAC.

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
hey rego u right about saying that "it doesnt matter how often i change my preference or if the uni were in my preferences before 30th of November or not, all uni will accept my EAS.: because i had the same question a week ago because i chose to do teaching at first n didnt apply for teaching at uts now i have considered doing law and want to do it at uts, so i rang up to see whether they will still consider my eas application and they said yes. I had even rang up someone a UTS and then to make sure rang uac twice with two different people.

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
no it doesnt im sure i remember reading something about that but it wasnt for law it was for something else

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
this is from the uts website

Current school leavers
Your application is based on your UAI score alone except for the following courses:

(1) 600000 (UAC course code) - Bachelor of Accounting

(2) 605010 (UAC course code) - Bachelor of Information Technology (Co-op program)

(3) 606010 (UAC course code) - Bachelor of Midwifery

For the above three courses you must apply through UAC AND return questionnaires to UTS (not UAC) by 30th September 2005 for the B.Accounting and the B.Information Technology, and 30 November 2005 for the B.Midwifery. On time UAC applications close 30 September 2005.

Hobbsee

HSC
Hey all! Thanks for the useful information!

My question is: How long do we have to reply to accept our main round offers? Ie, i'll be out of the state until the 28th of jan - if i get a main round offer, should I leave accepting it until I get back, or should I find some form of the internet while i'm away?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Actually u can no longer change your main round offers now [from 5th Jan, 2006 - 12AM]. So...you'll need to sit tight for the 18th January - 9pm on the internet, or wait for the letter + UAI cutoffs in Daily telegraph on the 19th Jan].

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hobbsee said:
Hey all! Thanks for the useful information!

My question is: How long do we have to reply to accept our main round offers? Ie, i'll be out of the state until the 28th of jan - if i get a main round offer, should I leave accepting it until I get back, or should I find some form of the internet while i'm away?
Depends what uni you think you're likely to get into (that is, if you've put two or more unis down). Generally, finding some form of internet would be advisable, if not, you should try and squeeze through a proxy enrolment, i.e. someone is here to accept your offer on behalf of you. I dunno if it's too late to do it through UAC, but I'm sure ringing them would be a start. For USYD, I know that you (or your proxy) must be there to accept their offer and enrol personally from 23-27 January (not too sure about those dates though), so if you think you might get an offer from USYD, you should organise someone quickly to do your enrolment for you.

if u recieve an offer in the main round, do those same preferences automatically be submited for the late round?

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
after the main round has finished, u have until the 23rd jan ( i think) to be able to change all your preferences for the late round. same routine applies for final round as well.

all the details are in the UAC book, under "Offer Rounds"

craz

HSC
You will not get a late offer i.e. third round if you decide to accept your first or second round offer. Once you have accepted one offer on the UAC server, you will not get any more offers.

If you are not at the uni to enrol usually at the end of Jan. find somebody to act on your behalf. However remember to give an authorisation letter to whoever is acting on your behalf and choose your subjects before the person goes to enrol for you otherwise you may do something you don't want to be doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)