All about Preferences and Offers (1 Viewer)

u say u can change offers for the late round. what if i just leave my offers the way they are for the main round, and get an offer for the main round?

and u say u can only receive on offer from the rounds but

http://www.uac.edu.au/apply/offer_rounds.html

says "You could receive an offer in more than one round. If you do, you can choose which course to accept".

wat im asking is if i never change my preferences, and i accept my main round offer, is it possible that i could recieve a late round offer?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
codereder said:
if u recieve an offer in the main round, do those same preferences automatically be submited for the late round?
Yes, unless you change them.

craz said:
You will not get a late offer i.e. third round if you decide to accept your first or second round offer. Once you have accepted one offer on the UAC server, you will not get any more offers.
No, that is incorrect. It works like this:

If you recieve an offer in one round and accept it, and then recieve an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

*keep your previous offer and not accept the new offer or;

*withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.

Do not assume you will recieve an offer in the Late or Final Rounds - it will depend on whether there are enough vacancies in the course(s). Also, cut-offs may vary between rounds and could be less than or greater than or the same as those from the Main Round.
Source: UAC

codereder said:
wat im asking is if i never change my preferences, and i accept my main round offer, is it possible that i could recieve a late round offer?
Yes, refer to the above quote for the way it works.

craz

HSC
Yes it is still possible to receive a late round offer.

I think what im confusing it is the irregular offer....

as well as the fact that most people just accept the round 1 offer...

sorry for any misunderstanding caused.

Hobbsee

HSC
Looking to get into macquarie uni.

I'll have a look at getting a proxy, but it looks like i'll be getting back on the 28th.

rama_v

HSC
Brookie7 said:
how do i change my preferences for late round offers?>
I am in the same situation as you. I cant change my preferences for the late round because I got my first preference in the main round...I have emailed UAC. Also if I accept the offer I have now, (its at UNSW), it means that I accept and enrol doesnt it? (according to the accepting and enrolling process on the UNSW website). How then can I accept a late round offer? Can I un-enrol from UNSW after the late round offers come out?

CieL

HSC
isnt accepting now...

and enrolling awhile later.. like february??

niteshade1312

HSC
CieL said:
isnt accepting now...

and enrolling awhile later.. like february??
Depends on the University. For USYD, enroling is accepting... and its not in Feb its next week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)