All About UOW (Wollongong Uni) (3 Viewers)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes well I was speaking comparatively. As in the good features of UOW compared to the rest of Wollongong's crapiness :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Yes well I was speaking comparatively. As in the good features of UOW compared to the rest of Wollongong's crapiness :p
If I ever decide to apply for a MOD position and get it, someone is gonna end up on top of my BAN list! :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Propaganda is usually effective and reasonably well orchestrated.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
If I ever decide to apply for a MOD position and get it, someone is gonna end up on top of my BAN list! :p
man you are obsessed

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
well then u'll b accused of being biased and then would b banned from modship!! :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, we're waiting on the "effective" (i.e uac cut offs for 2005) factor to c if santa's propaganda worked or not. :D
Just wait and see :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
well then u'll b accused of being biased and then would b banned from modship!! :p
I'll ban Laz as well and take over !!!!!! :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jm1234567890
really?....

but do you get new releases? and do you get a really big screen (dispite the crappy seating)?
about month-old releases... and yes, it's in the bar, so informal projector type onto the screen thingy... with comfy bar lounge chairs :)

karnevil

HSC
UOW has its strong points like every other uni. That said, I find it very interesting that wollongong

is the first Australian university to win consecutive Australian University of the Year Awards - in 1999-2000 for Outstanding Research and Development Partnerships, and in 2000-2001 for Preparing Graduates for the E-World.
you didn't see those fine details printed on all of the "COME TO UOW WE'RE UNI OF THE YEAR TWICE RUNNING!!!" posters and other print medias designed to trumpet the uni... obviously the PR department took the awards and ran with them, marketing UOW as the best uni hands down, which it isn't. I don't think there is ANY uni which is 100% superior to every other one.. they all have their +ves and -ves. All uni's have some faculties which are better than those of other uni's (which santaslayer's posts pointed out... and the UOW marketers didn't)

imo, UTS business wins hands down... it's a practical and forward thinking degree, unlike certain other buried-in-theory degrees offered elsewhere in Sydney..

Then again, I go there so I'm probably biased.. but that's just my two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)