'All My Own Work' (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yeah our school has started 'All My Own Work'. We got a seperate timetable with many programs. New programs include 'technology', which teaches you to how to reference/bibliography in assignments properly in year 11, police talks as well and many others..:bomb: And no, it isn't compulsory to do 'All My Own Work' if your dropping school for a job. But if your continuing onto year 11, then yeah it is.

Overall, the program is a load of bullshit, and if boardofstudies thinks they're doing a good job, then they must be retarded. We should all get plenty of weeks for holidays, instead of wasting precious time. Though school finishes for us in 2 weeks time, which the whole program runs for the 2 weeks. So meh, it's a bludge, for all the people who don't know what it is.

militiaman

HSC
Erm, wtf?!

I supposedly did this today. All the teachers told us to do was to go on the Board website and do the few All My Own Work quizes, which I did in like 15 minutes. Then I mucked around for 1 hour 45 minutes, then came back in after lunch to do a bit of English then bludge a bit more.

Is this seriously all that we have to do for this? Because our teachers didn't give us any more instructions...

I think I might take the day off tommorow due to the fact I'm going to be a nigel in all my classes with my friends doing this crap for half the day.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
wtf? i never heard of All My own work and not every school does it because my school isn't

HSC
militiaman said:
Is this seriously all that we have to do for this? Because our teachers didn't give us any more instructions...
5 modules right? All you need is a good result on all 5 tests and get the teacher to tick you off as having done it. As you've discovered, it's a bit of a joke.

kaz1 said:
wtf? i never heard of All My own work and not every school does it because my school isn't
You'll do it sometime in the next two years, as it's compulsory to have done it from 2008 if you want your HSC. You don't need to do it straight away though, so you'll probably get told about it some time next year.

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Actually I heard, and not sure if this is true, but I don't think private schools have to do it, just public schools, if tahts any help.

Umm basically its a load of crap, we did 4 of the 5 modules today and you really learn nothing. To summarise the whole thing; don't copy and paste assignments.

Last edited:

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
We have a different name for ours though, but its essentially the same thing.. I think? Er... well, we're doing it anyway sometime next week. (This week is ABW for those who know what I mean). ;)

Called 'Life and Resilience'? Hmm, I don't know.

Anyway... later... next week. Something to look forward to, maybe... for people who havent figured out it may be boring... -_-;

militiaman

HSC
5 modules right? All you need is a good result on all 5 tests and get the teacher to tick you off as having done it. As you've discovered, it's a bit of a joke.
Haha!

My dodgy school didn't even bother checking everyone did it. All they instructed was for us to go the the Board website and do the quizes on it. No checking at all. I'd say 30%+ didn't even do this.

lol, I didn't read through a single piece of information there, just answered the quiz questions, and even then I would sometimes just guess true or false then get 20%.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
D347H574R said:
Actually I heard, and not sure if this is true, but I don't think private schools have to do it, just public schools, if tahts any help.

Umm basically its a load of crap, we did 4 of the 5 modules today and you really learn nothing. To summarise the whole thing; don't copy and paste assignments.
Well it could be that private schools dont have to do it - I know I have to though. This is a new thing though, because when I did my HSC for maths this year I didnt have to learn any of this crap.

TunaFish

HSC
We're starting the program on 3rd of December.
I'm not going to here for it though, because I'm travelling overseas.
I'll probably complete the program in year 11 or 12.

Meh, it sounds like another boring or dull initiative of the government for high school students.

bored of sc

HSC
"All My Own Work" is fairly straight forward. Just read the question carefully and redo the test if you get too many wrong. I got 3 100's, a 97 and a 96 on the five modules. It's not rocket science.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I did it today. Is it just the 5 quizzes, one for each module and that's it? We are given 2 weeks to do it, but I've already done those 5 quizzes and printed it, is that it? What is the lowest you can go? We were told 92% for a quiz out of 24. Are they all the same?

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's a prerequisite for the HSC. All high schools in NSW should have to do it because they all do the HSC.

-mz-u-wsh-

Cara Lee
HSC
amow is easy.. its bassicly assumed knowladge... some teachers actually teach the modules and some schools just let you work at it at your own pace (my schools choice) either way if you do it online and you have a bitch of a teacher that checks every page is been clicked just go threw the pages *dont read it* and do the test at the end!... thats what i did and i basicly got 96% in all modules!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)