All Over (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

I remember that feeling. Unfortunately you'll be waiting until December.

Have fun, and good luck with your exams. :)

shimmy&shine

HSC
lol. I want mine now too!!!!

Can you just imagine: our marks are just lying down on someone's desk in some folder. The ink is on the paper. Someone has it! someone has seen it.

aaarrrggghhh....! Oh well. Can't wait though!

We will all get A-range!!! I just want a 45+

J

jhakka

brogan77 said:
Don't worry, you probably all failed.
Ashton, I'm trying to keep morale up. Can we not ruin that until after exams? :p

spurnicious

HSC
Does anyone know what happens with the assessment marks? Are those scaled in any way? If so, how?

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Rank my friend. Assessment marks matter nothing, it's your form rank.

Otherwise, an unscrupulous teacher could give all of their students 50/50, and my teachers with integrity would actually be harming my mark. BOS HSC system is very smart in most respects.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Oh God. I didn't realise they would all be marked by now. I want to know my mark - but only to know how badly I did because mine truly was terrible.

I may have been incredibly stupid about it - nearly dropped the subject three times, changed my concept 4/5 times and only figured out my final concept four days before it was due - which meant I did my entire project, journal and reflection statement in four days. Absolutely crazy.
I expect to be crying when I get my mark backin December - which is way too long to wait.

renton

HSC
who marks our works? is it current english teachers from all over the state or a bunch of old people who do it every year and don't necessarily still teach HSC?

HSC
N/A
EE2 markers, much like EE1 or Eng Adv markers. I *think* they're all current teachers, and they all get de-briefed on what to look for each year and stuff :)

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
By the way Glitterfairy - thanks for being such a great mod all this time

iain_12345

HSC
How are the weightings divided up coz i heard its not 50.50 for 4u and that it is actually 30 assessment mark and 70 majorwork+reflection statement... have i decoded the enigma of the schoolyard waffle correctly? or is it 50.50 like all other subjects?

RainbowStylin'

HSC
yeah i'm fully can't wait to see my marks, i have absolutely no idea how i'll go because it's SO subjective!! but how good is it to be finished!!

is it alligned like our other subjects?? do there allign our assesment mearks based on the MW marks? im toatally confused..

i guess i doesn't really matter but just wondering :)

HSC
N/A
Sleiphnir said:
By the way Glitterfairy - thanks for being such a great mod all this time
My pleasure :)

iain_12345 said:
How are the weightings divided up coz i heard its not 50.50 for 4u and that it is actually 30 assessment mark and 70 majorwork+reflection statement... have i decoded the enigma of the schoolyard waffle correctly? or is it 50.50 like all other subjects?
From a somewhat unreliable source (ie me when my brain is fuzzy and not in the mood to research lol) it's about 50% internal mark (when scaled and such), 50% external mark, or something like that. Most people's final marks show up as the average of internal/external marks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)