All students may be required to study a second language. (1 Viewer)

Should students be required to study a second language?

• Yes.

Votes: 55 48.7%
  • No.

Votes: 58 51.3%

• Total voters

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Hm. I've done a bit of jap and french, and by a bit i really do mean just a little tiny bit. It wouldn't be that bad I guess I would love to learn either spanish or french.

kakkerot100

HSC
Woah you guys certainly spend to much time under your English Head's desk. 'Bah cast out this harlot! She dared to type informally!!' With in between 2000 and 3000 posts between you two sad individual's i'd suggest you give school a little break and develop some social skills.

Jesus Christ I prey you two were only being facicious

ccc123

HSC
kakkerot100 said:
Woah you guys certainly spend to much time under your English Head's desk. 'Bah cast out this harlot! She dared to type informally!!' With in between 2000 and 3000 posts between you two sad individual's i'd suggest you give school a little break and develop some social skills.

Jesus Christ I prey you two were only being facicious
Haha. True. And If I dare say, i highly doubt they were being facicious. Short hand is apparently grossly unacceptable at BOS, it is, inexplicbly, seen as a indicator of intellectual incapacity. People at BOS typically write in full, fluent, verbose sentences so as to ensure everyone is aware of their english prowess.

el gwapo

HSC
The problem... one of the problems is that, say, you force every Year 12 student to learn Indonesian, a clear majority of those students will not be able to use their new knowledge of Indonesian in the Australian streets, and most Australians that do travel to Bali, or Jakarta expect the locals to learn English, not the other way around.

There also has not been a history of multilingualism here in Australia, beginning with the early settlers. Compare that with Canadians or Belgians, etc.

atreus

HSC
learning a second language has so many advantages, but i dont think people should be forced to pick one up only at high school. it should start at primary school, because it is so much easier to learn a language as a child. i think everyone should be bilingual at least, but not if it means forcing them at yr 9 or yr 10 to pick up a language because then it would probably be more detrimental.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)