All the practical components (1 Viewer)

swordfish

Can any one help me? im really stuck on heaps of the practical parts of the senior science course. My teacher was pathetic, we didn't even attempt half the pracs in the course and the rest didn't work anyhow. So can any one help out with....
*Modulation, i.e. using CROs to see how a wave can be modulated
*testing the properties of silicone e.g. imperviousness to water, acid resistance
*Comparing the shock absorbing qualities of parts of bones
*Identifying the satellites used for live telecasts from australia to other parts of the world.

hehe, i think thats all. Sorry everybody but im really stuck! Remember drag my marks up and yours go up too, lol :-D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah my teacher was crap too and we did hardly any pracs (and never followed up the ones that we did do)

Have a look in the excel book, it gives you are brief description of most of the pracs

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Pracs are really important in this course, make sure you not only understand the science behind the courses, but the actual practical aspects, safety aspects, and experiment design facets of each practical.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah they ask at least one 6-8 mark question about a prac you are meant to have done.

swordfish

But how can i understand evrything if we haven't done it? i found enough info in txtbooks, etc about the theory stuff we hadn't covered, but i can't find the answers to the pracs.

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Best advice is as Year12 said, try to get a copy of the Excel Text book, it shall suffice, your library probably has one...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah or just buy it, they are $30 but should be reduced at the moment (the excel range is 20% off at most places at the moment)

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
hehe, yeh, it wouldn't have anything to do with the new excel coming out for next year would it? LOL

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
but the excel book only covers what is in it at the moment now anyway doesn't it??

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
umm, because some of the dot points actually changed quite a bit, they will need to update it, obviously it wasn't financially viable for this year, but probably will be for next...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)