All Year 11s doing 2U MATHS, BILOGY, GEOGRAPHY, LEGAL STUDIES, SOCIETY AND CULTURE... (1 Viewer)

Lauchlan

HSC
Re: All Year 11s doing 2U MATHS, BILOGY, GEOGRAPHY, LEGAL STUDIES, SOCIETY AND CULTUR

"maths in focus" is really good for getting the concept of things but is too easy when it comes to the questions..
MIF fails on questions... yeah i agree XD

Zee Zappo

HSC
Re: All Year 11s doing 2U MATHS, BILOGY, GEOGRAPHY, LEGAL STUDIES, SOCIETY AND CULTUR

Cambridge 2nd Edition for Legal Studies - We just got it, but yeah it's updated and modernised so the laws are all relevant and the information is easy to follow and to the point.

Plus its small and new, and I got my name on the text book first haha :D

klutzy

HSC

We use Cambridge Second Edition for Legal Studies as well....its really good but sometimes too brief...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

"maths in focus" is really good for getting the concept of things but is too easy when it comes to the questions..
No the book is fucking shit, when it comes to harder questions, it doesn't even explain how to do them and just leaves you struggling for hours on how to work out something. Even the ans are sometimes wrong, so you can never be sure if your right or wrong, what a joke. but sadly i have to use it (school)...and cbb using two books for yr 11.

lucy-in-the-sky

HSC

Biology - Heinemann Biology
Geography - Macmillan Senior Geography Preliminary Course

also for biology at school we use one called spotlight biology or something like that..

Last edited:

noreun

HSC

Maths- Coroneos

Biology- Biology In Focus

Last edited:

random-1006

Banned
HSC

No the book is fucking shit, when it comes to harder questions, it doesn't even explain how to do them and just leaves you struggling for hours on how to work out something. Even the ans are sometimes wrong, so you can never be sure if your right or wrong, what a joke. but sadly i have to use it (school)...and cbb using two books for yr 11.

thats the same with any book

i dont see why everyone has issues with maths in focus, i used it as my main textbook, all of the so called "hard" questions just involve lots of applications of easy shit. Maths in focus gives you tons of the easy questions, because if you havent actually noticed you are going to be getting the majority of your marks from easy questions, and why get tons of hard questions right if you lose the easy marks. You still pracice the harder questions and get you know atleast 50-60% on those by doing past papers. Maths in focus and past papers, just as good as whatever all the asian tryhards keep saying on this site.

so sick of hearing asains saying " Fitzpatrick and Cambridge are the only good ones"

Last edited:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A

anyone know the maths 2 unit book with a pic of many people on the front. i know this may not narrow it down, but any suggestions as what its called would help.
success one

sonispucca

HSC

For Maths i use both the Cambridge and Maths in Focus books (im ext. 1 though they have for 2u)
Biology - Biology in Focus
Society - Heineman S&C
I really hate the cambridge explanations but the s&c book is great though :)

HSC
Uni Grad

For Maths i use both the Cambridge and Maths in Focus books (im ext. 1 though they have for 2u)
Biology - Biology in Focus
Society - Heineman S&C
I really hate the cambridge explanations but the s&c book is great though :)
go cambridge xD
as for MIF -> easy questions, comprehensive, but not enough of the difficult ones unfortunately...

cambridge explanations are okay..

but the other in focus books like physics and chemistry are good
i'm using physics in focus on my own, easier to understand than jacaranda :p

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

thats the same with any book

i dont see why everyone has issues with maths in focus, i used it as my main textbook, all of the so called "hard" questions just involve lots of applications of easy shit. Maths in focus gives you tons of the easy questions, because if you havent actually noticed you are going to be getting the majority of your marks from easy questions, and why get tons of hard questions right if you lose the easy marks. You still pracice the harder questions and get you know atleast 50-60% on those by doing past papers. Maths in focus and past papers, just as good as whatever all the asian tryhards keep saying on this site.

so sick of hearing asains saying " Fitzpatrick and Cambridge are the only good ones"
Yea, but.....i feel as if the book is a tad "empty"....like it could explain things a little better and maybe include a few more colours lol...prob for next yr i will buy an excel book just to study...

Existential

HSC
N/A

my teacher says we will be using a better textbook than cambridge for legal in the HSC..... is there any other updated textbooks besides cambridge tho! SRSLY THO?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)