Alleviate the problems (1 Viewer)

HSC
Oh, another question that I have no answer for.
Does anyone know the steps taken to alleviate the problems associated with Sulfur dioxide and oxides of Nitrogen and assess the effectiveness of the measures undertaken. Will the answer to this question be the same if it asked the same question but just replacing the Sulfur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen with CFC's?

Thanks in advance.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
in singapore, number of cars which are registered/allow to be on street are limited, (hence restricting NOx)

pollution permit (for SO2) for factories maybe?!

IcEy

HSC
For NOx, use less nitrogenous fertiliser.
Human activities liberating SO2 is mainly mining, burning fossil fuels, and extracting metals from sulfide ores. Do less of these I guess...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
  • Burning coal that contains less sulphur. Australian coal contains only ~2%.
  • Restricting the amount of combustion that occurs in moving and stationary sources.
  • Using less nitrogenous fertiliser.
  • Restricting lightning (ok, I'm just out of ideas now :p)

IcEy

HSC
Them volcanoes oughtta be shut down too.

I don't think there is much conclusive evidenec to show that SO3 and NOx levels NEED to be reduced though, because they're super hard to detect.

rama_v

HSC
#23 said:
Oh, another question that I have no answer for.
Does anyone know the steps taken to alleviate the problems associated with Sulfur dioxide and oxides of Nitrogen and assess the effectiveness of the measures undertaken. Will the answer to this question be the same if it asked the same question but just replacing the Sulfur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen with CFC's?

Thanks in advance.
Umm how about catalytic converters, they convert NOx into Nitrogen. More info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converters
(get to know wikipedia :D )

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
I'd settle for nothing short of a .edu domain or pdf with a disclosed author (preferably with a doctorate, but beggars can't be choosers).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)