Alliance Française (1 Viewer)

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Post here if you do Alliance Française
I really know nothing about it but it sounds like a great way to improve my French.

bassqueen16

HSC
no idea, but he got a certificate and a copy of 20,000 leagues under the sea in french as a prize? me no know... it was like 100 years ago :eek:

bassqueen16

HSC
But as far as im aware its something to do with special exams on your french knowledge and stuff...

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
bassqueen16 said:
no idea, but he got a certificate and a copy of 20,000 leagues under the sea in french as a prize? me no know... it was like 100 years ago :eek:
oh so its assessments on how gifted u r in french. great.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
blahmeh said:
hey i had an obsession with learning with french at one stage...and because at school i could only do one language (am doing latin) i went to alliance franciase

Its really good (i stopped going, became too time consuming, and didnt want to do it for HSC) basically they have two programmes one for adults and one for school-kids.

School kids (yr 10, 11, 12) they divide into levels (1, 2, 3) depedending on how good you are in the language, and its really good in the respect that when i went there all the teachers are french (native fluent french speakers) and when they speak to you, they speak to you in french not in english so you pick up the language better.

And the location is really good, its adjacent to George street like 1 minute walk from QVB building, I used to go after school and get off at town hall.

I also have friends who go, they're doing french for SC and doing level 1 french and they said it is helping them out a lot.

Here's the website, check it out:
http://www.afsydney.com.au

When i went there, they use a different text book, in my opinion its worth going.

Hope that helps, any more questions just ask.

:D :D
Thanks that was help, how much did you pay for it and how many hours did u go?

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
I did it 2005 and my school won the competition and I came 2nd in Sydney against other schools and is mostly drawing on your ability to speak french fluently. What happens in the competition is you are basically answering some questions sitting down in front of an examiner who asks you some basic questions in french and you have to be able to construct good responses to them. I managed to do that and it was my first time do such a thing! There were two exams, a written and an oral. I didn't do so well in the written exam but I did the best in the oral arriving at a grade of 18/20. :)

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
blahmeh said:
Hey, i paid for private lessons for an hr, (which is more expensive) $82/hr, yeah i know expensive (poor parents)

But the ones in groups in levels is cheaper, its lyk you pay a collective amount for the whole term (lyk tutoring colleges,) i don't know about that because i don't go to that.

Visit there, and get the brochures c how u go.

:)
have u done non-alliance-francaise coaching? is there much of a difference? is it much like how ur assessed in the hsc for french?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)