Allnighter (2 Viewers)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
In actuality my grammar does suck. But this little slogan allows me to gain the upper hand with it ;).

chamelia

HSC
I had a huge history assignment due last year and started it the day before at 3pm then worked until 6am in the morning with hardly any break.
Cept' i was too tired for school the next day so I had to get someone else to take my assignment to school for me while I slept it off.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I don't have the concentration to do an ALL nighter, but I have done a history assessment in the hour before it was due. But yeah practically everyone in my year has done an all nighter, some people do one almost every assessment... :p It's pretty funny cos they're all on msn at 3 in the morning, and come to school the next day falling asleep in class.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
2-3am has been done before by me, for assessment purposes.

On the other hand, for music tour...what happened was...
April 7th: slept at 1:30am after packing; woke up at 5:30am (2200 Rome) to pack some more, boarded plane at 1pm (0500 Rome), ended up in Rome at 0600 next day, went sightseeing until 2000 Rome, only got to sleep at about 2200 Rome...so that was forty-eight hours with minimal sleep on the plane. No wonder half of us fell asleep at the tables in the restaurant. See photos :)

ishq

brown?
HSC
When I do try to study late, I'm usually either half asleep on the desk or yawning heavily by midnight. I don't have the will or the patience to pull off an all-nighter. :) I'm more of an morning/afternoon person. I get distracted after about 9-10 PM.
A friend of mine did 21 hour days beginning a month before the HSC, last year. Amazingly idiotic, in my opinion.

fakingtheday

HSC
Never study late. Never will. if i leave it i deserve a shit mark. Haha we had a D&T progressive assessment and we had a Saturday session. One girl came in, she'd been awak allllll night working on it and then for the rest of the weekend. She then handed it in at 4pm the day it was due, the final deadline. We both got 98% ha ha sucks to be her.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
physician said:
yes ur right.. once i remeber someone posting (this was ages ago) about a girl who would start studying at 2 am.... and i think she ended up with a UAI in the 90's... 99 point something if i'm not mistaken

personally i havn't had an allnighter yet... but if sleeping at 2 and waking up at 5:00 counts as one.. then yes i have...

but usually good time management keeps u away from having to stay up all night studying or something...

i usually get the urge to study at about 12... every night/morning.. just when i'm about to go to sleep... lol.. but i end up sleeping instead
like i said. some ppl just find it easier to work at night...

Pace_T

HSC
I have never had an all nighter to study or do assignments..
Even if I tried, my mum would be like rar rar rarr go to bed rarr rarr

o_O

Libbster

HSC
Yeah I've done one all nighter on an ancient history assignment. I'd finished the assignment but the teacher wanted it hand written! I mean WTF! So I stayed up all night writing it out! Mum wasn't very happy lol

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I always do them

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Never having been able to pull an all-nighter myself, I must ask, is it easier to stay up and not try and get an hour or two worth of sleep? I've stayed up all night before (not doing work however) and found that I felt extremely groggy after my 1 and a half hours worth of sleep..? Opinions?

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I've done them forTAFE and a few times for yr 12 with the amount of work I dont see how you can't especially when it comes to my TAFE course. The work is on par with uni.
My life is full of late nights and early mornings or no sleep at all. :(

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
ever done an all nighter? how about at least one every week? that's what happens when you have four major projects...

my worst time was when i stayed up two whole days bar sleep finishing an art assessment, handed it in, then later that day i had to conduct an interview with the director at the art gallery. he spoke for over an hour and then his transcript was due the next day so that was another night there, i zombied through the next day, got home, did an assessment for the next and went to bed at like 2 am...

of course after that, i was pretty much a zombie for the next week, but hey! assessments were handed in...

there's nothing like a bit of immediate pressure to get your ass into gear and throw your sleeping habits out the window

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
Danni07 said:
Never having been able to pull an all-nighter myself, I must ask, is it easier to stay up and not try and get an hour or two worth of sleep? I've stayed up all night before (not doing work however) and found that I felt extremely groggy after my 1 and a half hours worth of sleep..? Opinions?
defintiely do not go to sleep unless you have amazing mental and physical capabilities in which you can drag ur sorry arse outta bed!
geting up is the hardest part!
trust me
if youve finished, plunk urr arse in front of the tv with ur breckkie! this will wake you up! and sit for a while until its time to get ready for school!
this only applies if less than 4 hours sleep is applicable.
if u can have 4 or more, go to sleep. but any less. you will not be able to get ur arse outta that bed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)