Allocation of time for AOS Paper (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
Hi guys, I was just wondering about what would be the recommended time division for the Belonging HSC paper. I've heard some people say to use less time on the creative and more time on other sections. My teacher says do 40/40/40 but I reckon you need a bit over 40 for the reading section at least!

In your opinon, what is the time allocation to best maximise my marks?

Elisa Sweet

HSC
It would depend on what you are good at. I try to leave even amounts of time for each, but will probably finish the short answers before. Do what you think you can do the fastest first, then use any extra time gained on the other sections.

SophxMusic

HSC
I tend to use 40/40/40, though I sometimes go a tiny bit over for the essay and compensate by doing the unseen section a bit quicker (I read quickly). Do NOT skimp on your creative....that is where people lose their marks! Even if you can churn out 1000 words in 35 minutes, put an extra 5 minutes into scaffolding your idea and really thinking it through, or take a bit more time really focusing on making quality sentences.
That is often the difference between a 13/15 and a 15/15.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I tend to be 35/40/45 (Reading, Creative, Essay).

fahed_1001

HSC
We also have 10 min reading time. During that reading time, try finish reading all the unseen texts. Im guessing that should save 5 mins for section 1 for most of the people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)