ALP Education Policy [regarding funding to independant and non-independant schools] (1 Viewer)

Comrade nathan

HSC
I havent read the whole thing but i would like the private school students to answer this.

I hear alot of complaining (actually high pitched whinning) from private school students who claim that they are not from a rich family and there parents struggle to send them to school. The are agaisnt funding cuts to private schools on the claim they are not weathly and couldnt afford increase in fees. Doesnt that show how biased this system is. People are struggle to send there kids to school since they cant trust the Public schools because they are underfunded. Now "not so privalige private school students" would you rather a wealthy public schools system so your parents can send you to school to get a good education and not have to make sacrifices. These private school students should be all for cuting funding to private schools and diverating it to public schools so they can then get the same education and there parents dont have to sacrifice.

While these same people complain how their parents are struggle, they seem to forgot about the people in complete poverty that their children will fall into without proper education and funds for support programs, so that justifies taking funds from private schools. Support for people who need it at the cost of working class people sending there children to public schools.

ellymelly

HSC
oh well, there's nothing more to worry about, we all get to keep our funding and perhaps receive a little more. It seems the public have had the final word.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Is it true that the Federal Government has promised more funding to schools who fly the flag?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
oh old thread back up, should we rejoice...
um, yeh I stand by what I said two weeks ago.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Oh you wait ellymelly. We're going to bust into the wealthier private schools, seize their superior equipment and redistribute it fairly amongst us.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I think this sums it up:

Originally sung by the Kings School Choir from 'The Chaser Decides'
Sucked in Latham you're a loser
Tried to get us but we screwed ya
Unlike you we have a future
Our funding will go on!

Keep going, give it to them!

(You tried to take our rifle ranges and give it to the poor
But now we are going down to buy up some more
We are heading up and you are heading out the door
Your arse got kicked by all

Sucked in Latham you're a loser
You tried to get us but we screwed ya
Unlike you we have a future
Our funding will go on!)

We're going to buy six new tennis courts, Mr Latham!
You've given us another seven rifle ranges by losing, HA!
We're gonna build a shopping centre,
A small ski resort
We're gonna buy a small piece of the Pacific Ocean,
So our students can swim in it!
You take that Labor faithful!
Don't try and have one over us
You've lost!
You've lost!

Now get back to the rifle ranges we've just acquired!

Last edited:

ellymelly

HSC
leetom said:
Oh you wait ellymelly. We're going to bust into the wealthier private schools, seize their superior equipment and redistribute it fairly amongst us.
Oh please... you're just all sore losers. I'll restrain myself from passing onto you the last of my thoughts.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
Ziff said:
I think this sums it up:
lol i couldn't believe that when i saw it... i wonder what the school had to say about it. I mean, for sure they might not have liked the funding plan, but i doubt they want to rub it in (thus confirming people's preconceptions of private schoolers as snobs, as well as other reasons)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
ellymelly said:
Oh please... you're just all sore losers. I'll restrain myself from passing onto you the last of my thoughts.
and you're just a modern day Marie Antoinette.
let's go eat cake leetom...

leetom

HSC
ellymelly what school are you at anyway? Would it even have been affected by Latham's proposed funding alterations?

Oh yes cherryblossom, lets go have cake and cool of in one of the many air-conditioned classrooms public education has to offer! Oh, but ellymelly wonders why we don't have a POOL!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
leetom said:
ellymelly what school are you at anyway? Would it even have been affected by Latham's proposed funding alterations?

Oh yes cherryblossom, lets go have cake and cool of in one of the many air-conditioned classrooms public education has to offer! Oh, but ellymelly wonders why we don't have a POOL!
She goes to Abbotsleigh, and yes, it would have.

leetom

HSC
Ah well, probably rightly so. Does anyone have that SMH link detailing the exact schools which would have been effected? It also showed the exact amount in funding increases they received under Howard.

Comrade nathan

HSC
leetom said:

Me and my friend were actually talking about having protest over the unfair distribution of funds. Except the protest was going to take place inside kings highschool. The plan was get as many Public schoo students as we can and bust into Kings and take up in a building with as many students as we can making it hard for the cops to remove us without a hell lot of force.

Either way if it failed we would of had fun stealing their jackets.

leetom

HSC
I'd help in barricading ourselves in Kings. Of course it wouldn't succeed (in preventing the public funding of wealthy private schools) but we would make our point. We'd be apart of the yr 10 Australian History course within a few years as well. It would have to be after the HSC though.

We would need about 1500-2000 students for maximum effect. Perhaps we should arm ourselves with poles and fight it out with the police in a bitter melee. We could hold them, the first wave at least.

If everyone wears Red Star jackets, it'll look like a communist uprising.

Last edited:

Comrade nathan

HSC
leetom said:
I'd help in barricading ourselves in Kings. Of course it wouldn't succeed (in preventing the public funding of wealthy private schools) but we would make our point. We'd be apart of the yr 10 Australian History course within a few years as well. It would have to be after the HSC though.

We would need about 1500-2000 students for maximum effect. Perhaps we should arm ourselves with poles and fight it out with the police in a bitter melee. We could hold them, the first wave at least.

If everyone wears Red Star jackets, it'll look like a communist uprising.
HAHAHA. Yeah but the plan was that we get say a couple hundred baricaded in the building and have students outside the building. Then we haev students protesting it outside. The police will find it easy to deal with thoose outside. Inside they will have to use force and will have to plan. Giving us time to talk to the media.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I recently scanned through some of the private school websites and I must say that they do a very convincing argument for sending your child to the best education they can possibly receive. Although this has nothing to do with funding, I would definately consider sending my child to a private school if it was within my financial capabilities.

ellymelly

HSC
cherryblossom said:
and you're just a modern day Marie Antoinette.
let's go eat cake leetom...
I'm a realist. I guess the public system doesn't offer history anymore...

Seen the writing on the wall lately?

Marie Antoinette? I think not...

Comrade nathan

HSC
Armani said:
I recently scanned through some of the private school websites and I must say that they do a very convincing argument for sending your child to the best education they can possibly receive. Although this has nothing to do with funding, I would definately consider sending my child to a private school if it was within my financial capabilities.
Would you rather the public schools to get more funding so they can be just as good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)