ALP Education Policy [regarding funding to independant and non-independant schools] (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
dangerousdave said:
You may remember my story about moving to Sydney, well I came from Victoria. It's this small country town around 40km from the border of NSW/VIC i.e. Albury/Wodonga.

So if I was to fly, I'd be going the Albury.
Aaaaaah. *understands*

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Personally, I love all MR's books. And the one he's releasing very soon, Hover Car Racer, will knock your socks off. ;) (I've already read it)

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Temple would have to sit just behind ice Station on my list. I enjoyed the cats, and the three arms of the military aspect was interesting.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I loved Ice Station. The assumptions about the 'man-eating, vicious Orcas' made me squirm in anger, but the rest of it was fantastic.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
dangerousdave said:
This is probally going to be my last post for around 10 days. I'm going to leave it at:

WTF? Kwayera, how did you read his new book already?
Hehehehe. *evil, evil laugh* I have my secrets ;)

Aw, bye! *wave*

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I liked Ice Station too. It was a good read but the author obviously doesn't have much love for the french. I thought it was a funny book, it would make a great pro-america, anti-french movie for all the idiot american patriots to feel good about themselves. If it casted mel gibson as the lead, it would be the pro-america movie of the year.

For those who havn't read it yet, and are wondering why it would make such a good pro-america movie, the book pretty much goes like this-

Supa U.S marines go to Antarctica to inquire into a distress signal/

Supa U.S marines kill the french

Supa U.S marines kill British SAS

Supa U.S marines kill radioactive giant walruses.

Also, some great mel gibson patriot moments in the book are:

-when the Supa U.S marines captain takes out a french submarine by swimming underwater, dodging a torpedo and lobbing a grenade into the torpedo hole.

-when the Supa U.S marines captain kills twenty British SAS by tying a grenade to his shoelace, tying shoelace to floor grating, then leaping away to safety as grenade explodes, killing twenty british.

Two things I learned from Ice Station were-

Americans are the best and

the french and british are extremely poor shots

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
ellymelly said:
How much of an effect is this policy really going to have on public education? according to Labor's own figures it constitutes approx. $4 per child. wow. wonderful.

most of the money take from idependent schools is going to catholic schools, the wealthies church in the world. Now let's talk about need...
I'm just curious, who goes/went to a Private School and who goes/went to a Public School.

And what school do you go to, eg. Scots or something?!?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
I liked Ice Station too. It was a good read but the author obviously doesn't have much love for the french. I thought it was a funny book, it would make a great pro-america, anti-french movie for all the idiot american patriots to feel good about themselves. If it casted mel gibson as the lead, it would be the pro-america movie of the year.

For those who havn't read it yet, and are wondering why it would make such a good pro-america movie, the book pretty much goes like this-

Supa U.S marines go to Antarctica to inquire into a distress signal/

Supa U.S marines kill the french

Supa U.S marines kill British SAS

Supa U.S marines kill radioactive giant walruses.

Also, some great mel gibson patriot moments in the book are:

-when the Supa U.S marines captain takes out a french submarine by swimming underwater, dodging a torpedo and lobbing a grenade into the torpedo hole.

-when the Supa U.S marines captain kills twenty British SAS by tying a grenade to his shoelace, tying shoelace to floor grating, then leaping away to safety as grenade explodes, killing twenty british.

Two things I learned from Ice Station were-

Americans are the best and

the french and british are extremely poor shots
On the French thing, I dont know why they hate them so much...yes they are arrogant and may be cock heads, but the Yanks keep forgetting that if it hadn't been for the Frenchies, their little revolution would have failed.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
On the French thing, I dont know why they hate them so much...yes they are arrogant and may be cock heads, but the Yanks keep forgetting that if it hadn't been for the Frenchies, their little revolution would have failed.
Another reason why to hate monarchies the world over. Stupid Louis...look what he has done! The American Revolution is the only event in history where I have supported the British military, well, that and the two world wars. Not in Iraq war though, I'm rooting for the Iraqi Resistance fighters! Go you champs!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
Another reason why to hate monarchies the world over. Stupid Louis...look what he has done! The American Revolution is the only event in history where I have supported the British military, well, that and the two world wars. Not in Iraq war though, I'm rooting for the Iraqi Resistance fighters! Go you champs!
I loved those Red Coats...I wish they still worn those instead of that stupid camoflague.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
argh, what they did in Indochina was bloody horrible. stupid french, stupid yanks for supporting them. I meant the ones in the past. don't yell at me.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
argh, what they did in Indochina was bloody horrible. stupid french, stupid yanks for supporting them. I meant the ones in the past. don't yell at me.
I wont yell at you...I agree.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
oh yay. do you do indochina for mod hist?
Yeah, it was so cool...even though it was terrible...we do the second Indonchinese war again next year...you?

ellymelly

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I'm just curious, who goes/went to a Private School and who goes/went to a Public School.

And what school do you go to, eg. Scots or something?!?

Private school ~ Abbotsleigh

Generator

HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
How much do you pay per year?
$14000 or so. It's far from the struggling school that I pictured her attending.

ellymelly

HSC
Generator said:
$14000 or so. It's far from the struggling school that I pictured her attending.
I don't believe i ever referred to my school or situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)