Alt Entry AND Communications or Politics/Journalism?! (1 Viewer)

Lexii-

HSC
I didn't apply for Notre Dame this year, I plan on doing the Certificate IV in Communcation/Media next year and gaining entry that way. Is anyone else doing it this way?

Also, I want to work in media/journalism, and am torn between Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Journalism) and Bachelor of Arts (Communications). I don't know which one will favour me more when seeking employment in media.. anyone know?

Lexii-

HSC
Jess! I'd appreciate it if people actually took me seriously on here without you screwing it up! Hahah.

0Jade0

HSC
...ok.... Well. I got in 2 years ago by Alt entry. I had done a Cert IV in PR. The process of getting in is a bit different (transcripts, personal essay etc) But really it is quite simple. I had a problem with stupid TAFE and my transcript but apart from that, everything was easy.

I wouldn't know about your second question, however I have friends doing both and it seems like Politics & Journalism gives you more freedom in what you chose. It really depends on what part of the media you want to work in.

Lexii-

HSC
So what's the transcript thing? The personal essay is the whole 'I want to study at Notre Dame because etc etc' right?

0Jade0

HSC
A transcript is the copy of your academic results that you get from TAFE. You need to give a copy to the uni to show that you completed your course. It has all your information on it... subjects, grades etc.
The essay is exactly that. It's actually pretty easy, just read the handbooks to help you out on why you want to go to ND, and what you will bring to the uni.

Lexii-

HSC
Oh okay heaps good, so that's all that's required hey?
I'm currently having nightmares that I'd find out at the last minute that I need extra stuff :p

0Jade0

HSC
From what I remember you also need your HSC results and personal references. I used the one I was given at the end of high school.
The appilcation booklet is really useful. I was really stressed about what I needed to do so I read it like 100 times.

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I might be doing that if my hopes for a good UAI are impossible... I will be enrolling next year to do a dip in PR... lol join my brother!

Lexii-

HSC
Hmm. So lets say I do this Cert IV in Communication/Media- average on 70 etc & get in.. can I then defer for a whole year, or only until the beginning of 2010?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)