alternate paths (1 Viewer)

HSC
So i'm going to get a dreadful ATAR in the 60s and i need help on my options, i want to do ICT Eng (Comp) at UTS which has an ATAR of 86~ or at MAQ which is 74~

My school is a disadvantaged one so they give us 10 points which means i'll be just below or just make the MAQ cut-off, and i won't get any other bonus points since it requires an atar of at least 72.55 for eligibility. If i don't make it to MAQ then i can do:

-Insearch at UTS
-Foundation at MAQ

around 25k for the 1 years

or go to TAFE

Then a good GPA to enter UNI

Is is true that you go into the 2nd year of UNI if you get a good enough GPA? But if its like that why is it so important to start 1st year at UNI then?

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh, just go to TAFE. You'll spend less than 25k, which you could buy a car with.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
TAFE is the more affordable options but it's good to be part of the uni, do actual uni subjects and have set goals/requirements to articulate. Anyway, i really hope you completed the engineering questionarre on the UTS website because that is a few more bonus marks. If your ATAR was high 60s, you got lucky with subject bonus points and got points off the questionarre there is a (remote) chance you may be able to get over the cut off for UTS.

HSC
yeah i did the questionarre, bonus points are for band 5 and over, and they don't offer for me.

i was thinking uni because since i want to go to uni eventually it would be the same, say i made the cut-off and started 1st year at uni it would still be 25k and if i did insearch/foundation and go to 2nd year i've paid 25k for that so it would be like paying for 1st year.

i'm guessing tafe is cheaper because of the teaching qualities? if i go to foundation at uni i would have a better knowledge in 2nd year then if i did from tafe?

Another option is UWS and then transfer

i got low 60s and i get the 10 points for the regional advantage thing

I'm really not sure.

Last edited:

HSC
Okay so i got a low 60s atar and i was wondering whats better:

to do SIBT at Maquarrie and either continue or go to UTS after completion of diploma
go to UWS and then transfer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)