Alternate Pathway to Dentistry (1 Viewer)

ld1999

HSC
Hello, I am currently in year 12 and just wondering if it is possible to complete the first year of a BNursing course at UWS or other uni's and make a transfer to a BDent course at CSU or USYD. Please dont go off at me about my lack of knowledge on this topic thank you. :):karate:

ld1999

HSC
Thanks for a swift reply, graduate entry sounds a little daunting as it will add up to a lot of years studying o_O, ill look further into working my ass off(LOL) or the non standard option.

I was thinking of doing a BMedSc and going for a transfer to BDent, however in my opinion if I'm unable to get into the BDent course after doing a year of BMedSc, thats just a waste of a year and doesnt get me any closer to what I'm trying to be, whereas the nursing course will get me a year closer to a stable job.

Are there any other possible ways to get into a BDent course?

O and I have been researching a lot these past days and it just making me further and further confused.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't know much about this but you probably have to do UMAT/GAMSAT to transfer into dentistry.

Med Science isn't a complete waste as there are job prospects researching or working in a hospital.

ld1999

HSC
Yeah.. I think i exaggerated the term 'waste', I'm pretty sure there is an UMAT July this year and ill definately be taking that test. Any other opinions/courses to take to get to BDent?

Iguana

HSC
I was thinking of doing a BMedSc and going for a transfer to BDent, however in my opinion if I'm unable to get into the BDent course after doing a year of BMedSc..
How are you going to go about getting entry into a graduate dentistry program after 1 year of an uncompleted undergraduate degree?

Research universities that offer it as undergraduate (there are a few i think) although the entries for that would be a mix of UMAT, ATAR and interviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)