Alternate ways to start a speech (1 Viewer)

ssj_goku

Sometimes with a quote.

The infamous J.P. madeupname was once heard to have remarked "yada, yada, yada". For although well respected, he was a drunk, another victim of the perpetual pint.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i like the quote idea

i suppose that goes for a little story as well

s2ophie

HSC
you can start with a question or a strong statement. Think about the speeches in class you have done, you should never really start with 'Ladies and gentlemen...'

s2ophie

HSC
haha janetix, my little brother actually did what your sig says! He had the straw up his nose and couldn't understand why it was so bad!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
An anecdote, sort of like you'd start a feature article?

Anything you use in FAs to hook your reader can usually be used in speeches, unless it's a very formal speech (in which case you would just state your argument and off you go)

Dangar

what about a rhetorical question? They're supposed to engage the audience and make them think about the issues you discuss right? Attention grabbing... that's what you want

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
Yeah Annecdote or a quote or anything clever/witty/deeeeeeeeeeep. But the trouble is finding something like that.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
It's usually good to begin a speech with a rhetorical style paragraph, about the abstract of your topic. (At least, this works well for 'In The Wild', begin by talking about the relation between humanity and nature, it's necessity and so-on..) Ideally, it should 'hook' your audience (Markers) before going into the body of the speech itself.

I presume for 'Telling The Truth', it would work by discussing the nature of truth, or something similar before going into the topic 'proper'.

lose control

maybe a bit off the topic- but how do u guys get those mad piccys in your names?? ie. the polar bear n cat in a hat??? i so want one!!!

Go to the user cp tab (about the middle of the page at the top), go to edit options, down the bottom is a thing called avatar. Do stuff there and figure it out.

This Q must've been asked somewhere on the BB so search for it and its corresponding answers.

allinuse

HSC
"Good morning fellow bro's and fellow ho's..."
Beginning a speech on a fail is the best way to do it :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)