• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Alternative Bored funding (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Yeha i like the idea of that
but make it 4 people 17 and over :p
coz im only 18 in august

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Kami has some good points there.
To run with those points..well basically invite tutors, teachers(students and otherwise) in to advertise their services for the future(from Bos or anywhere you can convince, they can only say no, right?)-most of the kids going to a mentor day have issues with independent study, so it would be excellent for people to trial tutors and such, and most tutor's wouldn't get much exposure advertisement wise, so having a pamphlet on your desk or a small sign maybe, would be all the enticement needed. It also would I imagine be useful to show on your resume that you volunteered for a mentor day. So basically its a similar theory to the ads on the website.
You could also probably run a BBQ at the same time to sell some cheap food to get them to stay longer(the students)
There are also Fatmuscle's solutions to the HSC and SC exams, which could be sold in pamphlet form on the day for a low price.
Also people would need to be delegated to put posters up at the local schools and tafes, so that word would get around.
On a separate note...the dance thing seems like a cool idea.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Couldn't we just a have a fun, pre-HSC/prelim/SC finals get-together? Without all the commercial shit of a tutor-day?

Maybe we could get a park or a beach day happening. Say we booked a gazebo - I just keep thinking back to the "HI-Q" episode of the Simpsons: God, haven't you she-males got enough gazebo's? - at a specified park or erect a tent at the beach with lots of lovely !BOS! shit everywhere. There we could have:

- BBQ (Kami)
- Chitter-chatter
- Fancy dress? - She-males

There's lots of ideas.

Whilst this may sound really PG, it doesn't have to be.

EDIT: Oh, oh, and a BOS band! Woot.

EDIT2: A sound like the crappest fanboy.

Last edited:

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Couldn't we just a have a fun, pre-HSC/prelim/SC finals get-together? Without all the commercial shit of a tutor-day?

Maybe we could get a park or a beach day happening. Say we booked a gazebo - I just keep thinking back to the "HI-Q" episode of the Simpsons: God, haven't you she-males got enough gazebo's? - at a specified park or erect a tent at the beach with lots of lovely !BOS! shit everywhere. There we could have:

- BBQ (Kami)
- Chitter-chatter
- Fancy dress? - She-males

There's lots of ideas.

Whilst this may sound really PG, it doesn't have to be.

EDIT: Oh, oh, and a BOS band! Woot.

EDIT2: A sound like the crappest fanboy.
I don't understand why you find the ads so annoying. I mean, they blend into the background...you're signature stands out more than them for peats sake.

SmileyCam

HSC
Gavrillo said:
I love Bored. What I don't love is the ads. Whilst I do know that they help keep the site afloat, I really don't like the idea of having these pervading every page of this glorious site:

Password Management
Store users' passwords securely on USB tokens. Enterprise solution.

Secret Password Recording
Hide your passwords in pictures Undetectable, unbreakable encoding

Website Hosting, $4.95/mo
3GB Space, 150 GB Bandwidth Get a Free Domain & Two Free Months

Active@ Password Changer
Boot disk to reset passwords for Windows XP 2000 2003 NT. Free Demo.

Would it be possible to sumbit something to Brendon Nelson? An appeal for funding to keep the site. I'm sure that if we got enough people, the relatively low price of this ripper-cool site might be covered by the minister.

Also, it might get a bit more media attention and explode with members.

More people. More love....LESS ADs

Most people don't take any notice of the ads on websites like these, its called selective browsing, the eyes just don't go near them, its not that big of a deal

HSC
N/A
Gavrillo said:
I was under the impression that some, NOT all, were interested in a tutor/mentor day.

Even if you don't like the idea you can still give it some respect. There *are* some people who don't think the same way you do.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I like the whole past bos HSCers tutoring current HSCers idea. I would probably get into that if it was held.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)