Alternatives to Gold Coast? (1 Viewer)

frenzaltom

HSC
Hey, does anyone know of any good alternatives to the gold coast? I heard a few people goto Byron but do many people go between Sydney and Byron? or does the whole north/central coast become a ghost town in the way of people around 18?

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I'd say a good reason why so many people go to Byron Bay is the cheaper accommodation than the Gold Coast whilst still within a reasonable driving distance.

I live on the North Coast of NSW and this place is a ghost town as it is, let alone during the pilgrimage of schoolies :p

Peartie

HSC
If u want to go further abroad Rottnest Island off WA is always good

HSC
Me and my friends are going to Port Macquarie for Schoolies I think.
I dont know what week, I hope my boyfriend can come along...

Danoz The Great

HSC
Trev said:
haha yeah, Port Macquarie is the place to go to shindig for schoolies, rock on....
*cough* lots of oldies *cough*
You must spead some more reputation around before giving it to Trev again.
God-daym.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
byron and kingscliff

hey im the schoolies representative for mitchell high in blacktown and my friends and i just book this kick ass place in kingscliff (1/2 hour from gold coast) it's called the breakfree paridiso...4.5stars and it was $352 for 5 pplz for a week

my hint as a rep is to look for places that are just out of the crowds so u can relax when ur hung over but close enough that you can party!!

BOOK ASAP NEARLY ALL OF THE GOOD HOTELS R GONE!!

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
My Tip would be to go to Nelson Bay.. that's where i went last year. We went at the end of November, and got a 6 person place , 4th storey apartment overlooking the bay. We scored it for about $1000 for the week, which isn't too bad considering what other people pay! ... There's a bit to do, but if your looking for a relaxing easy going week as opposed to a "let's get drunk everynight" week, then i'd definately consider Nelson Bay! :)

Angelus

HSC
nessie_lee said:
My Tip would be to go to Nelson Bay.. that's where i went last year. We went at the end of November, and got a 6 person place , 4th storey apartment overlooking the bay. We scored it for about $1000 for the week, which isn't too bad considering what other people pay! ... There's a bit to do, but if your looking for a relaxing easy going week as opposed to a "let's get drunk everynight" week, then i'd definately consider Nelson Bay! :)
Tis where i live. The whole Bay has a very relaxed attitude towards almost anything, and there are hardly any law enforcement.

New Years Eve - Lots and lots of illegial fireworks.

pipin

HSC
there was a heap of us going to byron but everything was booked, so now its port macquarie for us, the bowling green is so close to our townhouse so we are happy!!!! (jokes) and i have to say that it is full of old people

ace*

my friends and i are stayin half way between home and gold coast.. at crescent head.. about 6 hours out of major schoolie happenings!..heaps cheap, a beach house right on the water that sleeps 12 ppl is bout $400 for a week.. try splittin 440 between 12,... worx out pretty good eh?> so we can relax for a week or so and use as a base.. then drive and go and stay in gold coast for a couple of days.. do the party thing then go back and get sunburnt and sleep again!.. that way we get both types of schoolies and yet it's pretty cheap!

padutz

HSC
Terrigal

My mates and i are stayn at terrigal 4 2 weeks....its bout the same price....does anyone know of anyone goin up there

ace*

padutz said:
My mates and i are stayn at terrigal 4 2 weeks....its bout the same price....does anyone know of anyone goin up there
i know a few groups going up there... not many though!.. but i can imagine there would end up being a lot from different places..

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
padutz said:

my girls and i are going to the Entrance and thats right near terrigal so there will be a few ppl, but hey u dont need a big crowd to party!!! u make it urself!!!

padutz

HSC
MeLT87 said:
my girls and i are going to the Entrance and thats right near terrigal so there will be a few ppl, but hey u dont need a big crowd to party!!! u make it urself!!!
yer thats very tru.... there will b like 15 of us so a few more aint a problem... lol

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
The ppl who are going to the central coast could all organise to meet at one of the beaches sumwhere 1 night anyway really, we'd b up for it!

Eb.

HSC
we have found about 5 groups of about 7 + goin to forster in the second week.....should join us.. go to the "anyone goinign to forster" thread if you're interested...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)