Am i able to redeem myself ???????? (1 Viewer)

Rebecca1234

HSC
I have totally screwed up doing well in the HSC .......

Business 69% 2/14
Economics 44% 3/7
Maths 12% 15/18
Modern 60% 2/18
English 65% 9/34

I am looking at a UAI of 85 :'(
how do i redeem myself .
wat if i kick ass in the trials and do well ....
do u think its possible to get a 85

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
I am having the same trouble! I've just been lazy, not studying etc., and have similar marks... only aiming for UAI of 75+ though

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
depends, for example, if you have done 40% of your internal assessments and you predict you can redeem yourself with high marks later on (80-90 ?) you may have a chance ...
and it also depends on your subjects (scaling so to speak)

Your marks at the end of Term 3 (before the HSC) should become:

B. Studies - 82
Eco - 82
G Maths - 86
M History - 84
English Standard - 78

for 85+ UAI

Rebecca1234

HSC
Thank you ... Ohh i suck hard core... i have never gotten and never will and a tutor will kill me coz i get frustrated!! Well i will do well and impress :D:D

Rachael21

HSC
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>I'm also worried about my UAI. I'm ranking pretty well in most of my subjects (1/30 chemistry, 1/22 advanced maths, 5/34 Bio and i've already done HSC indonesian for which I got 92) but I'm coming last out of 53 people in english... I got a big fat 0 for the first assessment task because i was sick and did it a day late but didn't get a doctors certificate...stupid, I know. Am I completely screwed because english is always counted in the UAI calculations?????

oh and Rebecca1234 you're not going badly. You'll be fine as long as you go well in the rest of your assessments and the HSC.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Rachael21 said:
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>I'm also worried about my UAI. I'm ranking pretty well in most of my subjects (1/30 chemistry, 1/22 advanced maths, 5/34 Bio and i've already done HSC indonesian for which I got 92) but I'm coming last out of 53 people in english... I got a big fat 0 for the first assessment task because i was sick and did it a day late but didn't get a doctors certificate...stupid, I know. Am I completely screwed because english is always counted in the UAI calculations?????

oh and Rebecca1234 you're not going badly. You'll be fine as long as you go well in the rest of your assessments and the HSC.
Two units of English MUST always count towards the UAI. So if you do English Standard like me, fate of a good UAI partially lies on English.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
thats got to be a bit of a worry if youre coming last for std english
just do the best you can in your trials and the externals, because thats all tht can be asked of you
good luck anyways :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
So if you do English Standard like me, fate of a good UAI partially lies on English.
thats for everyone. regardless of whether they do standard or advanced. =) and some advanced ppl shit it up pretty bad too......

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
What I was referring to, if you do English Ext. 2 they'll count at least the best 2 units of English, so you have a better chance of getting away with just a substantial mark in the other 2 units of English.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
f3nr15 said:
depends, for example, if you have done 40% of your internal assessments and you predict you can redeem yourself with high marks later on (80-90 ?) you may have a chance ...

B. Studies - 82
Eco - 82
G Maths - 86
M History - 84
English Standard - 78

for 85+ UAI
whoa how`d u work out that ?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
f3nr15 said:

B. Studies - 82
Eco - 82
G Maths - 86
M History - 84
English Standard - 78

for 85+ UAI
Except those marks are pretty much useless because they are internal assessment marks. Those would be HSC marks she has to get, I'd imagine? Even so, I can't say it better than WW:
Without Wings said:
BUT if rebecca puts her mind to it and works hard to improve then yes you can go well and maybe even get the UAI you desire. Either way, put your mind to it, and you'll know you've done your best.

Rebecca1234

HSC
Rebecca1234 said:
I have totally screwed up doing well in the HSC .......

Business 69% 2/14
Economics 44% 3/7
Maths 12% 15/18
Modern 60% 2/18
English 65% 9/34

I am looking at a UAI of 85 :'(
how do i redeem myself .
wat if i kick ass in the trials and do well ....
do u think its possible to get a 85
I have done 70% of my assessments. I have 30% of each subject to go which are teh trials... :S I am so lost! HELP ME!!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
You need to kick serious ass in the trials and study extremely hard for the HSC.

Focus on improving your math marks and keep up with your Business, Modern and English. A low mark in Math could be redeemed by better marks in those subjects.

anderu

HSC
same here not doing so well at all!!!

but I always had faith in the Final HSC Exam its worth 50/100 so put everything into it!!!

so buckle down and study your heart out!!!

ITS NOT OVER YET!!!!!

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
Rebecca1234 said:
I have done 70% of my assessments. I have 30% of each subject to go which are teh trials... :S I am so lost! HELP ME!!
sugar, there is absolutly nothing any of can do except work realli hard ( shud hav figured this out earlier...)
somebody has to come last
neuroticising about it doesnt help - working out that i need to get 30% more than my best friend in todays trial juts made me give up, whereas in maths - probly ur achilles heel - u can totally pick up if u kill the trial. i moved up from the middle of the class to 3rd becos i topped the half yearly flukily -
do loads of papers after thoroughly revising

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
shut up said:
sugar, there is absolutly nothing any of can do except work realli hard ( shud hav figured this out earlier...)
somebody has to come last
neuroticising about it doesnt help - working out that i need to get 30% more than my best friend in todays trial juts made me give up, whereas in maths - probly ur achilles heel - u can totally pick up if u kill the trial. i moved up from the middle of the class to 3rd becos i topped the half yearly flukily -
do loads of papers after thoroughly revising
concur about last point.
after just borrowing and using the past hsc maths ext. 1 papers for revision, it gave me a chance to survive the 3u maths trial paper yesterday

kokodamonkey

HSC
study study study. you need to perform really really well in your trials in order to gowell. remember your % is not relevant, its your RANK which is important. also find out how many band 5s n 6s were given out last yr at your school so you can "kind of" figure out what rank you need in certaint subjects to get a certaint kind of band/mark!
im currently:
3/123 in 2umaths on 95%.
3/84 in business studies
6/26 in legal studies
10/23 in economics [should improve after the trials]
169/284 in studies of religion!!! (go me!!!!)
and like 80/130 in advanced english [never took it seriously,regret it now, however should improve after trials too considering time i put into it] and im hoping to try and get a uai of like 90-95.

PaternalNinja

HSC
^^ Yes.
The way the BOS regional advisor explained it to me is that it wouldn't matter if u got 40% overall in internal assessments as long as you were ranked 1st and got the same mark in the HSC exam as someone from a different school also ranked 1st but getting 98% overall internally you would get the same subject mark- that may be simplified a little without other factors that contribute to scaling/UAI but thats how she explained it.

Just bring Eco, Business and Modern up to 1st, english to top 5 and study majorly for maths with past papers and getting 85+ will be easy but realistically with the 2nds and 3rds an improvement in maths and english should be all thats needed

Last edited:

zaqwerty

HSC
If I'm coming:
Adv English - 1/28
2U Maths - 2/8
Hist Ext. - 1/1 (Good achievement, I know)
SOR1 - 11/40 (will improve after trials)
Modern History - 1/15
Art - 1/12

And I ace the HSC exams (as in, band 6 for every subject, possibly high band 5 for maths)...

What kind of UAI am I looking at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)