Am i able to redeem myself ???????? (1 Viewer)

James747

HSC
Yes, you will be able to redeem yourself! Just work hard, work hard and work hard. Not until have you done all the school assessments are the chances gone. Good luck!~~

PaternalNinja

HSC
If I'm coming:
Adv English - 1/28
2U Maths - 2/8
Hist Ext. - 1/1 (Good achievement, I know)
SOR1 - 11/40 (will improve after trials)
Modern History - 1/15
Art - 1/12

And I ace the HSC exams (as in, band 6 for every subject, possibly high band 5 for maths)...

What kind of UAI am I looking at?
They are really impressive rankings unless you go to a hopeless school but that doesn't matter too much even if you do and if as you say you are going to improve your SOR ranking thats even better. Congratulations on Hist Ext. too :p ...Our school wouldn't run it until we got the 6 in our class [also: more people do art than 2u Maths?]

I guess you mean HSC exam mark of 90+ with band 6 (even though bands aren't determined exactly like this)(1st in Eng. Adv. and expecting 90+ is very desirable) and if so you will definately get your aim of "atleast 85" and its possibly to get mid 90s and higher but of course it is all about what marks you get in that exam.....try SAM or JUAI perhaps

What do I base all this on?...what I've read and my conversation with the regional BOS person...nothing more :)
[Edit: Spelling]

Last edited:

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
It actually depends how well the rest of your cohort does in the trials. You might do really well but if everyone else does well then your internal ranking isn't going to improve. On the other hand, if you do better than a lot of people, your rank is likely to improve and therefore give you a greater chance of "redeeming" yourself.

zaqwerty

HSC
PaternalNinja said:
They are really impressive rankings unless you go to a hopeless school but that doesn't matter too much even if you do and if as you say you are going to improve your SOR ranking thats even better. Congratulations on Hist Ext. too :p ...Our school wouldn't run it until we got the 6 in our class [also: more people do art than 2u Maths?]

I guess you mean HSC exam mark of 90+ with band 6 (even though bands aren't determined exactly like this)(1st in Eng. Adv. and expecting 90+ is very desirable) and if so you will definately get your aim of "atleast 85" and its possibly to get mid 90s and higher but of course it is all about what marks you get in that exam.....try SAM or JUAI perhaps

What do I base all this on?...what I've read and my conversation with the regional BOS person...nothing more :)
[Edit: Spelling]
Thanks for the reply!

Our Hist. ext class began with 30 students, then it slowly disintegrated down to me, and they can't get rid of it because it's my tenth unit.

And, yes, more people do art than 2U Maths, because most people at my school are going for the "easy way out" at school, rather than actually challenging themselves, hence, my rankings, I suppose :)

Once again, thanks, it's reassuring to know I can achieve what I need to achieve.

fazzbang

HSC
N/A
yeh mate, you're pretty screwed ay

ah well, maybe you will get a job as a council worker or something, you never know...

cool school by the way, you guys are doing really well

musicka

HSC
ok question!!

if i'm ranked in the bottom half for 4 of my subjects (11units in total) but top 10 in 2 subjects, go to a top 10 school and kill the hsc (i.e. get 3 band 5's and 3 band 6's)..can i still get UAI 94?

argh!!!

cmacd

HSC
if ur schools that good then probably. how do u figure where ur school comes in the state anyway?

moshimoro

HSC
ok this UAI thingy is really confusing... im aiming for 85 UAI (doubt it.. make it 75 lmao.. maybe not still)

standard english (28/91)
Mathematics 2u (4/12)
Physics (3or4/7)
Chemistry(2/9)
Bio (5/22)
Hospitality(2/?? i guess 13)

can i still make it? if i do well in the HSC?

RavenWing278

HSC
hey all im aiming for a UAI of 88 for civil engineering and my ranks for school ar as follows:

English Advanced 12/40
Maths 2u 12/40
Engineering studies 2/10
religion 1/5
ext 1 maths 17/22
physics 12/40

if i average band 5's in my hsc wut kinda uai am i looking at? i go to randwick boys and its a pretty dud school so yea..lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)