Am I alone in hating airplane food? (1 Viewer)

Ben1220

HSC
I usually love food on airplanes, but you certainly aren't alone, I've heard many people express their distaste for airplane food in my time.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Singapore Airlines food isnt too bad.. love the bread rolls with butter/jam :D and the orange juice (well it was better 3-4 years ago) its just normal "Just Juice" now. malaysian airlines food isnt that bad but their service i find terrible.

chuha

HSC
N/A
China airways food was.......lets just say it was ALL rice. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.

I like singapore airlines food tho :)

travelinchick07

HSC
I'm not a huge fan either. I remember on the trip home from England they had this foul chicken and mushroom dish. I can't stand mushroom but the chicken was so rubbery I couldn't tell the difference?

They served good yoghurt though!

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Hate the food. Only thing i've ever found pleasant are the orange juice and the 25mls of dairy milk which is supposed to be for coffee.

Sadiah

HSC
I hate the food on Malaysian airlines. It's very asian and plainnn. I can't eat it. I only survive on liquid when Im on those airlines.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
ITS HORRIBLE.
My food on the return from LA was passable.
I got really sick on my return trip from LA in January 2009. They had to give me an oxygen tank :D

I dont mind it it is better than hospital food. Remember they have to fit 500 people's meals onto a tube flying through the air at 800 km/h, cut them some slack.
True :drink:

But the lunch/dinner on Qantas economy is pretty good tbh - usually a curry with rice/meat with vegetables + chocolate, salad and ice cream
Qantas International Economy was better then I thought it would be. Curry, apples, ice blocks, those funny hot towel things that go cold really quickly, and this amazing cadbury hot chocolate I had about 8 or so cups of.

Followed by a journey to the toilet 3 hours later. Which was actually nice and clean.

But flushing the toilet made a noise that scared the crap out of me...

Yo1anda

HSC
Pre-order your meals you fucks.

I always just get the fruit platter.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Thai airlines food is almost all revolting, the green curry was bearable but that was about it.
Oh no. I'm flying with them next weekend. I don't even like Thai food. Except pad thai. Are they generous with drinks? And then my 13hr lufthansa flight to Germany/London doesn't have seat-back TVs, so I'm thinking I might just get drunk and try to fall asleep.

My sister got food poisoning from one of the meals served on Singapore Airlines. I think it might have been the mushroom, but I have no idea why she ate that nasty thing in the first place.

The only parts of the meal I like to eat are the bread rolls and muffins.
Mmmmm my auntie got a bug in Singapore and on the flight back home she collapsed in a galley and this flight attendant walked in and was like :uhoh: It took nearly a year for her to recover.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I too used to hate airplane food as a kid... but then I realised it was because I always flew QANTAS. Once I switched to Malaysian Airlines and Singapore Airlines, I loved it. They always had some local (inspired) food which made the flight so much more exciting because I got to eat decent food on the plane which made me hungrier for when I land!

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
I too used to hate airplane food as a kid... but then I realised it was because I always flew QANTAS. Once I switched to Malaysian Airlines and Singapore Airlines, I loved it. They always had some local (inspired) food which made the flight so much more exciting because I got to eat decent food on the plane which made me hungrier for when I land!
haha reckon. qantas food is shat
malaysian & signaporean are decent

i love the food at KLA and bangkok airport

edit: actually when i flew on malaysian to india, some of the meals they served were horrid. ah well thats airplane food

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
Yeah i hate it

At first i was all excited at the novelty plates of food and miniature everything but then i realised how gross it was

And those little bread rolls are disgusting!

chantal_3

HSC
N/A
i would say quantas and emirates business class have the best airplane food. The food in emirates economy was pretty good but quantas economy was SHOCKING the beef tasted like jelly...

vyre

HSC
I only hate plane food because it makes my ass explode.

But other than that it's ok I guess.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone remember Ansett? I remember I used to think they had much better food than QANTAS... almost as good as SIA. I think SIA is quite proud of the fact they have celebrity chefs designing their meals.

ps. Nothing beats a Magnum ice cream to finish off an economy class meal. Sounds small and trivial but in real life I never buy Magnums (except once recently when I tried the Gold).

The_Aviator

HSC
Some airlines are good, others are not so good.

Qantas has never been a highlight for airline food, in fact it would probably be the worst food I've had on a plane

Hawaiian Airlines is good, they serve warm freshly made giant cookies, mmm...

Emirates food is alright, they give you a lot so you do feel full afterwards.

Jetstar International flights have good food, although their domestic offerings aren't great.

Cathay Pacific has excellent food, both their Asian and Western dishes.

And Dragonair is really good too. On a flight to Beijing they served meals prepared by the restaurant at the Beijing Hilton, in economy class!

Just Chef

HSC
I was young when I flew Singapore International airlines, i disliked the food.

I liked Turkish and Qantas International food, always got an extra treat coz I was young.

Recently flew Emirates International the food was ok, and made me feel full so I wasn't complaining. (All economy)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)