am i answering the question? (1 Viewer)

spaks1995

HSC
"To what extent was the great depression responsible for the collapse of the Weimar republic?"
My intro or Thesis statement would be

While the Great Depression had contributed to great instability of Republic, the collapse of the republic was primarily due to its inability to solve such political,economic and social problems.Her inability was due to factors that undermined the republic such as Constitutional weakness, Treaty of Versailles, lack of democratic opposition and economic instability. Therefore, the Great Depression was not a key factor of the Republic's collapse but rather it contributed to the Republic's inability to solve such problems that led to collapse of the Republic.

My Argument is that the Great depression was one of the factor that contributed the republic's inability to solve such problems.

Am i answering the question in my intro?
I would then talk about in my body paragraphs that how these factors (Lack of democrat tradition, Constitutional weakness, proportional representation etc) contributed to Republic's inability to solve the problems such as continuing military overthrow, hyper-inflation, Rising of anti-democratic groups such as the Nazis etc)
Then how Great depression led to the Republic's inability to stop Hitler and stuff

In this type of question, do i have to constantly mention about the Great depression in every paragraph? like somehow link all the events that happened to Great Depression?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)