am i approaching this the right way… (1 Viewer)

Hiheyhello

HSC
um, so i just realised that i have 16 essays that i’ve gotta memorise.

im familiar with most of them, and no stranger to memorising in a night, but whenever i look at the list i get heart palpitations.

any tips on how i should approach this?

i was considering revising content and past papers for my subjects during the day, and tackling the essays a night. but even so, i’m scared that i’ll forget them after learning them (never had to do it in bulk like this before, i’m used to cramming the night before).

i feel like i know what i need to do, but does anyone have an advice or foresight?

btw, my method is look cover write check; line by line.

tbh, i’m scared that i might get exhausted if i do it every night.

idk idk

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
i don't know whether memorising 16 essays is worth it.

why not condense them into plans, and then write full essays under timed conditions when you practice?

Look, cover, write check will be too time consuming for 16 essays. How about reading aloud countless times until you can say it as a speech, and write what you remember when you wake up the next day?

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
i don't know whether memorising 16 essay is worth it.

why not condense them into plans, and then write full essays under timed conditions when you practice?

Look, cover, write check will be too time consuming for 16 essays. How about reading aloud countless times until you can say it as a speech, and write what you remember when you wake up the next day?
Yea same i gave up on memorising FULL essays. Before I could not write an essay on the spot and now I forced myself to just practice as memorising will not help and really drain time. Just memorise quotes and bs the analysis (well it will come to you if you wrote it).

vishnay

God
HSC

im familiar with most of them, and no stranger to memorising in a night, but whenever i look at the list i get heart palpitations.

i was considering revising content and past papers for my subjects during the day, and tackling the essays a night. but even so, i’m scared that i’ll forget them after learning them (never had to do it in bulk like this before, i’m used to cramming the night before).

i feel like i know what i need to do, but does anyone have an advice or foresight?

idk idk
if this isn't english where expression is important then memorising essay plans will most likely suffice (only if you do a lot of practice questions) and memorising multiple essays would backfire and end up doing more damage - you lose time to study for other subjects and u can't use ur short term memory for other subjects

memorising 16 essays is too stressful and ur time is gonna be better sent doing practice questions

i can perfectly memorise an essay word for word in a day but i forget it the moment after i finish the exam (imagine trying 16 HOLY)

notme123

HSC

idk idk
is this overall or one subject? anyway your method is fine just omit the writing part (saves time) and do it line by line. try to grasp 1 or 2 unique words in each sentence and the rest should flow from there.

Hiheyhello

HSC
is this overall or one subject? anyway your method is fine just omit the writing part and do it line by line. try to grasp 1 or 2 unique words in each sentence and the rest should flow from there.
it’s overall, if it was one subject i wouldn’t be alive rn

hmmmm

i think i’ve decided to memorise word for word for english, and then i’ll aim to for the other humanities subjects.

if i don’t get around to it, i can try out B1B2s method for the humanities subjects

Hiheyhello

HSC
i guess my biggest concern is whether they’ll stay in my long term memory ahhhh

(also i’m rlly attached to what i’ve written)

i’ll try and experiment with everyone’s advice, thanks guys!

zizi2003_

HSC

idk idk
how many essays are u memorising for english? is it like one per mod A, B and common?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
i guess my biggest concern is whether they’ll stay in my long term memory ahhhh

(also i’m rlly attached to what i’ve written)

i’ll try and experiment with everyone’s advice, thanks guys!
Just rewrite what you've memorised daily. It should stay by the time the hsc comes around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)