am i better off doing business studies or society and culture? (1 Viewer)

kaha167

HSC
i was wondering,,, what is your favourite out of these two...

p.s. im going to go into television and i really didnt want to do IPT so i chose business studies lol
any thoughts?
cheers

haizlie

HSC
Business Studies was the best choice for you then. I haven't studied either subjects- but I am constantly helping friends within both so I have a fair understanding of what is involved in each. The fact that you are intending to go into film means that with having business studies in the background you will have some knowledge behind what is needed towards running the show. Business studies would benefit most people looking into going into positions that require team work, management, financial stuff etc

jacobkhoury

HSC
N/A
kaha167 said:
i was wondering,,, what is your favourite out of these two...

p.s. im going to go into television and i really didnt want to do IPT so i chose business studies lol
any thoughts?
cheers

I did both subjects. Society and culture doesn't really teach about interaction, rather is simply teachers about another religion and culture, it wont be of help to you. Business on the other hand will teach you more so about marketing yourself and everything involved in a business.

cupid^^

HSC
IT depends, do you mean better off as in hsc mark or better off as in experience.

Society and culture also has a major work, so depends if you like them or not.
If your more of maths person go business, because when it comes to ratios and so forth thats really what differetiates the top students to the bottom students, however if your more into english and looking into reasond for things happening and so forth it could also help further your english.

Just do whatevr you like hte most^^

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
To be honest the real world in whatever career you choose will be completley different to what we are taught at school. Knowing how to do a debt-equity ratio will in no way help you operate a camera or whatever you want to do in televesion - where as IPT might (i have no idea what is done in IPT though). Subjects at school aren't as much about CONTENT as they are about SKILLS to learn new things and shit like that. Content will always change. So i dont think it really matters - but business studies is fun and easy so you should do that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)