am i disadvantaging myself for future uni courses by doing general maths? (1 Viewer)

Macca58

HSC
just wondering because alot of courses just say mathematics which i am assuming means 2u maths whereas i'm doing general.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Not really, it depends on what you intend on studying.

soph-tish

HSC
hey, the fact that your doing maths at all is great-i suck at maths- but about whether you need it in the future depends on what you want to do, there are always bridging courses at tafe or tutoring and other stuff. dont stress too much-i think im disadvantaging myself by not doing any maths :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'd assume that General Maths would preclude you from, say, Computer Science, or other very maths-ish courses, but you've still got the Arts and some of the other Science courses available.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ajdlinux said:
I'd assume that General Maths would preclude you from, say, Computer Science, or other very maths-ish courses, but you've still got the Arts and some of the other Science courses available.
You can do Accounting with only general math. Seriously, just continue with and ace it.

SuperStar-3000

HSC
a high mark in general maths last year scaled almost as well as a high mark in advanced anyway.
my teacher told us that last year you would need an 88 in advanced to get the equivilent of a 94 in general. mind you, the general slips away fast, so if you fail it badly, it scales very badly. so you just have to do well in it

Macca58

HSC
Thanks for that guys, helped me out, im not worrying anymore, i dont really want to do any maths based courses so i should be sweet than. :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Better you do General Maths, and get a decent mark (Band 6), as opposed to you doing 2U Maths and getting a Band 4 (hypothetically speaking).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)