Am I Doomed To Receive A Bad UAI? (1 Viewer)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Under that definition 100 is potentially a bad UAI.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
General maths is capped and has a terrible scaling, why didn't you do 2-Unit if you wanted to maximise your chances of getting a great UAI - or do no maths at all - or do more than 10 units:p

Edit: I checked your profile and you do 13 units; why do you care? blehz

JUB JUB

HSC
Originally posted by ToKooL4SkooL
I am doing Standard English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Modern History and Ancient History.

I am in the top 5 of all of my classes.

Can somebody explain 'scaling' and whether or not I am doomed at receiving a bad UAI due to my subject selections?
my friend last year did general maths, legal, modern history, advanced english and biz studies. his uai was >95 (he was in top 10 in all of his classes)

another friend did general maths, legal studies, biz studies, economics, standard english. and his uai was >96. (he was in top 5 of all of his classes)

so...anythings possible...and none of these ppl went to selective schools

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
General maths is capped and has a terrible scaling, why didn't you do 2-Unit if you wanted to maximise your chances of getting a great UAI - or do no maths at all - or do more than 10 units:p

Edit: I checked your profile and you do 13 units; why do you care? blehz

no course is capped
Originally posted by nike33
a good uai is 99.6-99.7+ as you can get into most courses
why would you need a 99.6 UAI when all you want to do is SE Eng or architecture or etc... esp as the purpose of uni is to set urself for a particular career paths and ur future employer isnt gonna care about your UAI received quite a long time ago....

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
no course is capped
General is capped:D , why would anyone invent the notion of capping if it didn't exist? It does exist :p - and General is obviously one of the few subjects it applies to- I still don't understand anybody picking that subject, if you are so inept at maths don't do it:p - it is a prerequisite for nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)