Am I Doomed? (1 Viewer)

hje0915

HSC
my dream towards uni has just been doomed.
i got a 0 mark for adv. english. (please. dont ask me why)..
now that my 15% assessment had just GONE,
is there really no hope for me getting a uai of 80+?

HSC
You are not doomed (Although I am very curious as to what happened.:confused: )
You will need to do really well on your other assignments though, handing them in before the due date so the teacher can check them and give you tips is one thing I'd recommend. (Helped me no end with my essay skills, which used to really suck. :) )

HSC
I won't ask you why you got 0.. but i'm truly sorry that you had to go through the devastation of thinking you absolutely fucked up. That sucks. Keep your hopes up, try hard.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
If you are a top performer and get solid marks for the rest of the year, you should be able to garner yourself a decent rank. Provided you perform to the same top standard in the HSC, you will still achieve a respectable though not outstanding mark, depending on the marks of the rest of your grade. Considering this may not be an overly substantial fall in your mark compared to your potential, and coupled with the fact you have other courses that havn't been mentioned and are aiming for a UAI above 80, I'd say you have an excellent chance of achieving a UAI well into the 80's.

However, this is provided you are a top, to very good performer. If you are an average student, and I mean this in no offensive way, it will hurt your chances significantly.

struth

HSC
"is there really no hope for me getting a uai of 80+?"

I think it's still possible for you to get 80. Just remember: that 15% will become 7.5% once you've done your HSC.

I know how you feel though -- I'm in the same boat. Got out of a test the other day, and realised I had applied the calculations the wrong way around(from what I can tell, I've just lost 18% of my total Chem grade). Most unfortunately, I'm merely an average student.

Last edited:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
It is never too late for improvement however. Every climb in rank, and every extra mark, will help you.

Insanity88

HSC
I know exactly how you feel, i got a poor mark of 19% for maths last term, due to a personal clash with the teacher i was and still unable to gain help for problems in maths. However i wasn't going to let that defeat me so when the next test came about out of spite i went to another maths teacher for help, one in which i knew my teacher had conflict with and in one teaching lesson before the exam i was able to score 70% in the test.

Add to my despair, i recently bombed out of my ancient assesment essay, struggling to get a high uni well hoping for one, i pulld an all niter studying non stop n all through the morning in which i deliberately missed 2 classes to study. When it came down to the exam i don't know wat happen but i couldn't remember anything i had study for non stop and end up writing nothing on the paper with my sunnies all fogged up trying to hide the fact tears were forming. I then spent the rest of the day at a mates house who was trying to cheer me up.

BUT im not going to give up not just YET although i think ive really blown my chances of getting a uai of 85 wat u reakon ppl have i blown it, because im going to be recieving a 0 for that assessment. I do really well in all my other subjects i get marks in the 80>%, i get really high in adv english because its the art of bullshitting.

Im just going to devote my whole holiday to my half yearlies first week back term 2 n hopfully it becomes my salvour. Don't give up not just yet what do they teach you in sports the game aint over until the whisle is blown. Good Luck I hope you get the uai that you want DONT GIVE UP! Best Wishes.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Nope, you're not doomed. The good thing about internal assesments is that only rank is taken into account.
So just improve your rank (which may be hard) and you'll have a good chance.

stainmepink

HSC
well ive come dead last in three english advance and extension exams if that makes you feel better. dead last in 3 exams.

rikrok911

HSC
xrtzx, crawl under a car.

...well, i have really mediocre marks... i'll share them with you guys and see what you think.

on my first round of exams, i got
eng 10/15
mat 30% (not my strong point, eh.)
eco 22/30
jap (approx) 97%

in this round of exams, ive scored approximately
eng 10/15 (...don't know why my eng has gone down lately)
mat 18% (lack of study =\)
eco 20% (studied the wrong types of questions)
jap (approx) 95%

adding things around isnt my specialty obviously.. anyone able to tell me whether im already doomed for hsc or not?
(all exams are worth 15%)
it's been worrying me lately, and i'm just hoping that i can work my way up again, but i'm wondering if its too late?

richz

rikrok911 said:
xrtzx, crawl under a car.
wat do i do now.

BTW rikrok911, u suck, u r the sucker thats born every minute

Last edited by a moderator:

illmatic

NaS
HSC
yes you can. relax. dont listen to the people who say it will be hard for you. it wont. just pull your socks up, study hard, and relax. it's too early to worry.

rikrok911

HSC
xrtzx said:
wat do i do now.

oh sure, that makes alot of sense. im born every minute. more than once, even. that's totally possible =) ....grow up.

Bractune

HSC
xrtzx said:
wat do i do now.

Ha..... This chic has game....... i like it. By the way i think that once you get into uni if achieve highly they let you transfer into other cources. So what im thinking is i only need a 65 to enter uni and do commerce then get a credit ranking and transfer to my dream course "Buisness Law" OMG that was orgasmic to type. I dont know how that is with everywhere or even if its 100% accurate but i was talking to some people at Southern Cross Uni in Lizmore and thats the advice they gave me.
By the way english isnt that hard..... you just pretend to care about things alot more then you really do.
Peace out.

richz

rikrok911 said:
oh sure, that makes alot of sense. im born every minute. more than once, even. that's totally possible =) ....grow up.
are u fucken retarded.

ever heard of the quote 'theres a sucker born every minute'

u are one of the suckers

kthnx

closethread

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
xrtzx said:
are u fucken retarded.

ever heard of the quote 'theres a sucker born every minute'

u are one of the suckers

kthnx

closethread
I think you're the sucker...
and slightly retarded....

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Tell us why ? why ? why ?

i'm dying to know why you got the 0

stainmepink

HSC
excuse me guys, can you email me your online banking account number and pin to me? pm me with the information. thanks. oh in return you get my friendship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)