Am I in the only class in this world studying Jane Eyre??? (1 Viewer)

DebuOfCourse

Seriously!! Am I the only one doing Jane Eyre for The Critical Study of Texts?

I am finding it exceedingly difficult to find any sample essays or any sort of inspiration regarding the study of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre.

Can someone please assist me towards some material that I can look at. Especially if it had some marks with it, as those board of studies sample responses are categorised, band by band.

Thanks.

Dev.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
JANE EYRE?! aaarrrrrgghh!! I remember having to read that in year 10, it was seriously evil. I don't think I actually finished it properly.. Anyway, you enjoying it?? Oh and yeah, I don't know of anyone else doing it.

DebuOfCourse

Originally posted by blah says she
JANE EYRE?! aaarrrrrgghh!! I remember having to read that in year 10, it was seriously evil. I don't think I actually finished it properly.. Anyway, you enjoying it?? Oh and yeah, I don't know of anyone else doing it.
I thought so. It's there, in the course, but just my luck that I'm stuck with it!

It's all right actually. I didn't mind reading it, and in fact enjoyed it since I read it in the holidays at quite a leisurly pace. BUT the fact that there are very limited resources on it sucks!!

DC10

it's not too bad. think about it, since not many people are doing it in the state, the markers can't really compare you with a lot of other student's essay....

fusion

I'm doing Jane Eyre, our teacher friggin loves it. While I sit here watching other classes studying much more interesting books, I'm stuck here with Jane Eyre.

I am also 1 of 3 guys in the class of females, all the girls ever talk about is feminism and guys back in victorian society and how nowadays guys don't read novels and all that over bullcrap. I bought the audio tape, hopefully that will help me understand the book better

jayz

walking
i understand the frustration Jane Eyre brings to ppl, because i am doing it:mad:
seriously, is Jane Eyre that bad
i mean comparing to the rest of your texts u have to do, is JE the end of the world

If u r having trouble understand JE, try sparknotes or other internet essay sites. Still stuck? then go get some study guides.(then again i think we all know about study guides already-hopeless as ever)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yep, I have to study Jane Eyre too. I haven't actually started notes or anything in class, but I am sposed to be reading it now. I can't find the motivation to actually start reading it because it looks so goddamn boring!

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
I'm doing it. I guess the readings are fairly obvious, so it's easy in that sense. I've done one essay of my own so far. It isn't specifically about the readings, but relates a lot to them in the sense that it concerns values/themes/issues. If anyone wants, email me and I can send it to you.

kissmychudy@hotmail.com

Oh and I've seen an Excel Study guide in Angus and Robertson for Jane Eyre. I guess it's all right for quotes and readings and stuff, but it isn't for me. 13 bucks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)