Am i screwed for hsc? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Im always posting about this but i've done my trials and lets just say the first half of yr12 has been atrocious for me. all my marks have been around 40-75% (mostly in 50 60%) except for an 85% i got in an english assignment. im pretty much in the bottom half for everything in terms of ranks. So far with the marks i got i have put them in an atar calculator and got 59. Im not sure whether to trust those or not cos i've heard there bullshit which i hope. I do advanced english,pdhpe,legal,gen maths and ancient history and my ranks are at the bottom. Can i change this with hsc and get a decentish atar like a 70 or even possibly an 80, my cohort is pretty good and my school's ranking is 40ish. Trust me my internals are very bad, but i have a tiny bit of hope what is the best atar i can get and what courses are recommended?

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
The final HSC exams are 50% of your whole mark, so you can definitely do a lot better in the final exams and boost your potential atar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sciencemath

HSC
So far with the marks i got i have put them in an atar calculator and got 59. Im not sure whether to trust those or not cos i've heard there bullshit which i hope.
Don't trust the Atar calculators. They are only accurate for some and for majority either give false hope or unnecessary stress.

Can i change this with hsc and get a decentish atar like a 70 or even possibly an 80, my cohort is pretty good and my school's ranking is 40ish.
You can definitely change this around and get a good final mark as HSC final exam is worth 50% and assessments worth 50%. HSC exams matter a lot and can boost up your final mark. There is no point crying over the spilt milk now and its better to focus on your studies and give it your everything. My advise is do the content, do past papers as much as you can and mark them and learn from the mistakes(HSC past papers from the BOSTES/NESA website), make a timetable, plan it out (you may not be able to follow your plan 100% but its way better even if you do some part of it), cut out internet/social media/games (big time wasters) and you have more than enough time from now till HSC exams. Look at your trials/previous exams/assessments and see where your weaknesses are and work on them. Nothing happens overnight, work consistently through this time you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)