• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Am i screwed for senior yrs? (7 Viewers)

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
hmm ill need to talk to my parents abt it bc my parents have been fighting the skl to let me and my sister in since i first moved to aus in 2020 n i think they're done w it lol

but yh if do consider it ill definitely apply soon
just pay them to get in

Solarised

HSC
if i were you, id get the same department note you got back then, maybe even get a new updated one, go with your half yearly report and and proof of achievements and extracurriculars you have (basically showing that you are a good student and they should take you) and go organise a meeting with the principal or smth

might not work but from what i hear abt strathfield girls they care abt their ranking a bit too much so if you can show youre smart, they are being unreasonable and they should consider you they might do it idk. try this next term tho dont wait until next year
Naa bro if those schools don't want you from the start they gatekeep entry no matter what. Its a lost cause IMO I think moving onto to other schools is a more reliable option

iloveeggs

HSC
tbh i always see them (strathfield girl's girls) n i kinda wish i go there but yh at the end of the day i love my skl n old skl (the ppl i met there n the whole 'character development' thing is something i dont want to trade - if ykwim)
nah i get that i felt the same way abt my old school. i didnt hate it there at all i just didnt want to be cooked for hsc

Solarised

HSC
ohh im not talking abt the school overall @jane1820 says the individual subjects they want to do get 0 band 6s. its harder for your subject band 6 numbers to jump than your overall school band 6 numbers if that makes sense
Ohh crap I was takin bout total band 6s even though this ain't aimed for me, sorry for the misjudgment

jane1820

HSC
jokes aside tho if ur course doesnt require a high atar theres no point in putting in all the extra effort
idk what course i wanna do tho maybe optometry or a math teacher
but if optometry im moving to melbourne bc the university of melbourne has a double degree of something and a 'doctor of optometry' so i enter as a student n graduate as a doctor

for math teacher, im not gonna do math in uni bc all my math teachers said its hard n boring maybe a science degree (one of the ext 2 math tecahers has a bachelor of teacher master of science - so no math degree) n teaching doesnt need a high atar

iloveeggs

HSC
hmm ill need to talk to my parents abt it bc my parents have been fighting the skl to let me and my sister in since i first moved to aus in 2020 n i think they're done w it lol

but yh if do consider it ill definitely apply soon
if moving matters to you just do it bro. if it doesnt work and your parents get pissed at least you'll know it was worth a shot

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
but if optometry im moving to melbourne bc the university of melbourne has a double degree of something and a 'doctor of optometry' so i enter as a student n graduate as a doctor

for math teacher, im not gonna do math in uni bc all my math teachers said its hard n boring maybe a science degree (one of the ext 2 math tecahers has a bachelor of teacher master of science - so no math degree) n teaching doesnt need a high atar
do mining

WeiWeiMan

HSC
ohh im not talking abt the school overall @jane1820 says the individual subjects they want to do get 0 band 6s. its harder for your subject band 6 numbers to jump than your overall school band 6 numbers if that makes sense
in what way is it harder for individual subject numbers to jump?
if anything, ifl it should be easier, as a single person can essentially "carry" their cohort's internal moderation, provided they have a rly good external and their cohort is fairly close internally. this would result in an increase of a lot of b6s

Solarised

HSC
if anything, ifl it should be easier, as a single person can essentially "carry" their cohort's internal moderation, provided they have a rly good external and their cohort is fairly close internally. this would result in an increase of a lot of b6s
Chill blud we over this aspect now

jane1820

HSC
do mining
girl (can i call u that?) im not a person who is gonna inherit their fathers abandoned mining site n become the next first self-made australian woman millionaire (calling out Rinehart)

jane1820

HSC
the thing is that a lot of the mainstream ppl chose hard subjects like adv math, chem, physics, bio etc thinking they're easy for them then end up dragging not just the year-group but the whole skl bc they ignored when the teachers told them 'you shouldn't do those subjects try something your level'

edit: im calling out the specific ones (the 'troublemakers') ik a lot of mainstream ppl that r generally so smart

iloveeggs

HSC

i think unsw offers the that course actually. the bachelor of vision science and doctor of optometry double degree has a requirement of a 99.5 atar but the bachelor of vision science only is a 92 entry. a

jane1820

HSC
i think unsw offers the that course actually. the bachelor of vision science and doctor of optometry double degree has a requirement of a 99.5 atar but the bachelor of vision science only is a 92 entry. a
i never saw the 'doctor of optometry' one only the second one
can u link it plz?

iloveeggs

HSC
i mean like its possible for 1 student to get 6 band 6s and up the overall band 6 number by 6 but its harder to depend on 6 individual students in a particular subject to get band 6s. yeah a single student can carry but lets be real rn, do you think op should depend on that happening for all their subjects and stay in their current school

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
i mean like its possible for 1 student to get 6 band 6s and up the overall band 6 number by 6 but its harder to depend on 6 individual students in a particular subject to get band 6s. yeah a single student can carry but lets be real rn, do you think op should depend on that happening for all their subjects and stay in their current school
bro band 6 is ez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)