Am I screwed? (1 Viewer)

Jaron2005

HSC
Hey guys, I received an offer for Bachelor of Computing which I accepted, but now I am having cold feet, Will or can I still recieve an offer in the "Late Round", even though I have accepted the offer for Bachelor of Computing?

Because I asked my cousin today and said I will not recieve an offer in the "late round" as I have already accepted the Offer for Bachelor of Computing, is this corred?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
What's with the cold feet anyway? I trust that you had researched the degree etc? What else would have wanted anyway?

Last edited:

Brie-is-Me

HSC
WTF? Someone said to accept what I was offered and see if I get what I want in second round/late offers? The expiration to accept is on the 29th but second round's aren't released til the 31st????

Etheral

HSC
no, you can still be offered another course from your preference list (granting that there is a vacancy) and you can choose to either keep your first pref (ie your computing one) or withdraw from your initial acceptance and accept teh final round offer.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I'm sure that's wrong Etheral. The only way you can recieve two offers is if you had one commonwealth based degree and one full-fee degree.
1 offer CSP and one DFEE offer per round.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Those who say u wil NOT recieve another offer are incorrect. If this was first on your preference list you wont unless you take it off ur list alltogether or move it down. If this was ur 2nd, 3rd etc till 9th preference then there is still a chance that you will get another offer. The only way you will DEFINATELY NOT get another offer is if this was number one on your preference list and you do not change the order.

Jaron2005

HSC
Ok guys, what I have done now is accepted my offer for bachelor Of computing., and I have change my first 3 preference to bachelor of E-business and another 2 more business course, so is there a chance that I will recieve an offer for Bachelor of E-business provided there is vacancy?

And yes all my preferencec is all CSP

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Okay, so to clarify, I got my second preference and am hoping to get my first preference in a second/late round offer. Do I need to do or change anything? Should I just accept the one I have, and I will still be eligible if my first preference comes up in another round?
And whats the difference between CSP and DFEE? How do you know what yours is?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ok, to clear any misconception I'll explain:

When you all applied to UAC either Online/Paper, you would have listed your Preferences from 1-9:

1: 448000
2: 429000
3: etc etc

If in the main round I receive an offer for 2: 429000 B Sci, then in the LATE round UAC will attempt to give an offer to your first preference: 448000 B Med/Surg.

If by the time the late round I still don't get my first Pref, I'm stuck with pref 2 (if I can't get into pref 2, it moves to 3, 4, etc)

Jaron2005

HSC
Oh and I was also wondering if the cut off for the late round will be higher or lower than the main rounds.

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Thanks heaps Without Wings. I'm guessing that most are full fee paying places and only stuff like nursing is CSP?

Jaron2005

HSC
Without Wings, thanks alot, you have clarify alot of things

Cheers

Jaron2005

HSC
Ah... guys i just realised there is no vacancie for UWS bachelor of E-business, so I assume there is no chance that I will be offered that course, am I correct?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
there may still be vacancies if people dont accept their offers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)