Am i still eligible to study ESL? (1 Viewer)

kusokc

HSC
i came here in late 2003..
started yr7 in 2004..
So..in the end of 2008.. I will be live in australia for more than 5 yrs,

So i am asking will da teacher kicks me out if they find out i been here since yr 7?

i am so worried that i will soon be kick out of ESL.

and if thats true..I cant imagine my UAI if i been moved to standard..

i will definetly fail standard.. OMG,, should i tell this to my teacher or try to hide that ? someone pls answer me..
I told my friend who graduated few years ago he said they cant make u change any subject once u in yr 12,, so ill be find if i already studying ESL in yr11 right now ..

But thats.. 5 years thing really bother me alot..

someone pls answer me :(

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
i wouldnt worry about it

they cant kick you out now [ i mean ur pratically finished the prelim course ]

go talk to ur careers advisor :)

kusokc

HSC
um...I am still in yr 11 ..

the reason that i am so concern about that is because my teacher just kicked one of da spanish girl out. . becuase she accidentilly told the teacher she studied primary school in here..

But if i talk to the career advisor.. i am scare that he will tell my esl teacher ..

Then i will get ready to die in standard..

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
ooh
i meant you're almost finished year 11 course

and if they kick you out now you'dve missed out on heaps of work

my friend told me they look at ur english ability and ur background education

cheney31

HSC
dont worry about it.. coz people who gets high marks in ESL are all those to sneaks in like you ...haha

srsly... we have HEAPs of people like you in our school who do esl... so dont worry you will be fine..

plus.. strictly saying. you ARE quilified since you STARTED year 7 in australia. however u maybe non-qualifying if u go to primary school here. even year 6..

kusokc

HSC
thx.. it clams me down now.. :).. but still i will hv a chat with my career advisor..

leisl1990

HSC
i think its absolutely fine. there is one chinese girl in my esl came here since yr 7,she has not got any trouble.
but her english is crappy though..

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Your info is rather contradictory. She's got no trouble though her E is crappy? I think she's in a bunch of serious problems!

To what I've known, people who have been residing more than 4 yrs in Aus are, conventionally, not eligible to do ESL. However, there are exceptions if you are too frivolous. There were two Aussie boys in my year who attended my ESL class. One is the bludging sort of lad and the other, we believe, is dyslexic. If they can't cope with the Standard works, you have to do ESL.

Last edited:

stuffuhsc

HSC
Absolutely not a problem. I've got 3 dudes in my esl class started school in here since year 7. I am now in year 12.
If you started school in here since year 6, that will be a problem.

yvonnechan

HSC
N/A
Don't worry. From my knowledge you are eligible if you've been here for less than 5 years before you started yr11.
In other words, you will be fine.
Although I reckon it's damn unfair for me to compete with you guys. I came here 3 months before yr11 started...sigh....

cheney31

HSC
stuffuhsc said:
Absolutely not a problem. I've got 3 dudes in my esl class started school in here since year 7. I am now in year 12.
If you started school in here since year 6, that will be a problem.
LOL we even got ppl who are born here doing ESL next year...

tau281290

HSC
How can they actually push someone up from ESL to standard like that? That's impossible i reckon. Once ur in ESL for prelim then ur in ESL for HSC.

I think the spanish girl is treated unfairly .

Last edited:

dickiie

Warm, wet and pink. Smells like fish too.
HSC
You definately should be ESL mate. Just write up a story and give it to your teacher, they'll immediately put you into an ESL class for the next 5 years. Cause from what I can tell, you'll definately need extra ESL classes. :)

I know how it feels, I myself used to be just like you. Although, I was 8 or 9 at the time.

Last edited:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
started yr7 in 2004..

So i am asking will da teacher kicks me out if they find out i been here since yr 7?

i will definetly fail standard.. OMG,, should i tell this to my teacher or try to hide that ? someone pls answer me..
I told my friend who graduated few years ago he said they cant make u change any subject once u in yr 12,, so ill be find if i already studying ESL in yr11 right now ..

I think you can just keep on doing ESL. However, the only problem is if you ever have to reveal your passport info to BoS or your school. (Or just facing some tough luck) I personally despise people who sneak into the ESL course via what-so-called 'exception' or just some scamming. Yet, if I was in the same situation as yours, perhaps I might have thought differently about those 'exceptions' lol.

LOL ESL is so fucking easy compared to standard
It's not always the case. I've seen standard/advanced common essay tasks at school and they weren't much more difficult than ESL work. (I agree with you if you are talking about writing narratives though.)

shuning

HSC
started yr7 in 2004..

LOL look at me. exactly the same happened to me and im in standard now.

depends on ur school... i know ppl from randwick girls whos been in aus for 7yrs and still do ESL.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)