am I the only one? (1 Viewer)

Mr Otto

commercial cookery question was really general and broad - you could talk about so much.
The risk question was also kind of hard. What are the risks that owners and operators face?

Overall i reckon that it wasnt too bad. there was no real surpirses. I found the trial harder, beacuse our commercial cookery question you had to talk about potatoes and how they can be used in cookery it was screwed

Brianna

King of the World
HSC
Re: HELP HOSP!!

Originally posted by Freakin_Ot_Gal
Does anyone know what happens if you studies commercial cookery Q 22 but does it matter if i did question 24 instead? DOES THAT MEAN THEY WON"T MARK IT???

okay well i did that 2.. and i freaked out thinking that it wont be marked... BUT dont worry it doesnt matter which question u did!!!

Kiya

ok i thinki stuffed mine up coz with the internal / external i was thinking of food tech....i put internal as economy and external as advertising. i think i may have got it wrong, the extended response was weird but i rambled on hopeit gets me something

jackie_23

Bomb threats
Workers compensation
Insurance
People not being trained well enough
etc etc
Dunno if thats right
But it will do
And oh fires, explosions etc

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
i thought table'dhote--------->wtf
so i had a guess at it
man this exam was much harder i reckon than the previous exam that was way 2 easy for me,but this year is fucked up!

Ninja

i thought that exam was horrible............ i agree it wasnt solid enough!!! i thought the questions were really broad and so many girls at our school answered the wrong options!!! we all thought it was really bad......... :(

Kiya

Yeah I should know what table d' hote meant but i didnt studied and when i read that i thought oh shit im screwed 15 marks down the drain. when they read mine they are gonna be thinking does this kid even know what shes talking about LOL

jackie_23

I dont think we were meant to know what table d' hote meant
Anyway, it was a set menu at a fixed price
So if you wrote a menu or anything like that and HACCP and anything else, i'm sure you wentfine

beemo5678

It was a very reasonable exam, however i also wasn't taught a lot of those things, i think there needs to be more of an emphasis on independent learning in the course.

I don't really care though, 12 units and all i really wanted was my certificate two so i can get a job over other people. Everyone should do their RSA if they haven't already, it is so damn easy and i'm going to do my RCG in a week or two, awesome.

SLAVE

i agree with ninja. everyone at my school hated it too. saw my hospitality teacher yesterday afternoon. he told me that teachers get to have a look at hsc papers, make comments and forward back to board of studies - he said our school's comments would probably be that the paper wasn't relative to what had been studied. that made me feel better!!! maybe if enough of you guys complain to your hosp teachers and bos receives enough complaints, they may scale the exam up (whatever that means) - bos needs to be TOLD they got it wrong!!!!!!

AshleaSK

I thought the exam was okay.. I really didn't like the commercial cookery one but!!! As for internal factors etc, internal means ones inside the establishment (i.e. menu pricing, food safety blah blah blah) and external are the ones outside the control of the business (i.e. terrorist attacks - I used Bali as an eg).

Thank god I can speak a bit of french! Otherwise I would have had no idea about table d'hote (translates to table of the host, and is when say at a business function, the boss selects a couple of options to suit the budget etc, and guests have to select from those).

Kiya

yeah my hospitality teacher said it was a poor exam because it didnt give us the chance to talk about what we learnt...which was true...

kt

HSC
I thought the exam was quite easy.... the questions were relevent, just worded in a way that made them seem irelevent... I think that you had to read between the lines, especially for the compulsary essay.

I managed to do the multiple choice and short answer q's in half hour... leaving me ample time to complete both essays... i chose the cafe menu planning one...

Ninja

yeh slave our hospitality teacher said that our school is putting in a complaint cos there were 2 questions that were not in the syllabus..... it just seems to me that everything i studies was not asked in the exam and that it was more focused on hands on practice from work placement rather than the theory we did..... (our school places greater emphasis on theory than pracs) i dont know but im really looking forward to seeing how everyone goes cos i thought that was shocking... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)