Amazing Medical Stories (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Anyone watch this last night? It was prity intense, but it truly was amazing. That tuma in particular was freaky, its amazing how they could operate on such a thing, even more amazing that she actually survived after losing so much blood! Your thoughts?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Yeah, I watched it.

Very interesting. I didn't start watching from the beginning, but why did that woman wait until her tumor was 90 kg to do something about it?

Jiga

I think it was because no other doctors wanted to operate on it, I think she had prior surgeries to remove other cancer thingys but one was close to her spine so doctors didnt wana remove it in case it made her paralysed or something - I think this mite have been the one that got big.

On the topic of why people dont get them removed, there was a similar case on RPA. An elderly woman had a tuma nthingy inside her, making her look like she was pregnant, it was the size of a water melon and filled with liquid stuff. Why she didnt go to a doctor earlier has be puzzled, did she think she was pregnant at like 80 or something!?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I think it was because no other doctors wanted to operate on it, I think she had prior surgeries to remove other cancer thingys but one was close to her spine so doctors didnt wana remove it in case it made her paralysed or something - I think this mite have been the one that got big.

On the topic of why people dont get them removed, there was a similar case on RPA. An elderly woman had a tuma nthingy inside her, making her look like she was pregnant, it was the size of a water melon and filled with liquid stuff. Why she didnt go to a doctor earlier has be puzzled, did she think she was pregnant at like 80 or something!?
Maybe she just thought she was gaining weight. Maybe she was embarassed. I don't know.

Or maybe, like in House, she didn't want to get it removed because her husband finds her more attractive with a big belly. :rolleyes:

*mel*

I watched it. Yeah it was absolutely amazing. Did it piss you off when everytime Rebecca Harris said how much blood the woman had lost, she said "That's 3 times the usual human volume." "That's 4 times..." etc etc
Oh well. That poor little girl as well. She's so inspirational. Imagine having everyone stare at you like that all the time. I reckon it's amazing how doctors know how to do that... like separate the whole face from the rest of the head. That would kill though. She was so brave.

Next week looks interesting - the girl with the mermaid legs.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeah im amazed as well...those vessels were thicker than the inferior vena cava...no wonder no surgeon wanted to touch her

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)