AMD outsells Intel! (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
.. over last financial period, atleast.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/10/14/amd_outsells_intel/

No longer David vs. Goliath. :)

I've preferred AMD over Intel for many years now.. well except maybe for notebooks, I still tend to go for Pentium-M, although I heard that the AMD Turion's perform very well, even better than Ms for many application demographics except it just doesn't offer as good battery life as M.

But fierce competition like this can only bring benefits to lil' consumers like us. Intel's really gotta bring up their game in the next year, and recently their CEO announced their new business outlook is to be focused on architecture optimisation (like AMD's) rather than clocking their CPUs as high as shit (seems to me the right way to go), which of course should bring down costs too for us (since one reason people went for AMD was that they achieved similar performance with lower clock speeds to an Intel, and so of course due to that AMD could sell a chip for less).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yay for AMD - at last the consumers respond. AMD processors are overall better performers than equivalent Intel processors, (yet Athon's are generally cheaper than Pentiums) you can't go wrong!

(I currently have an Athon64 3500+, and my previous computer was an AthonXP 1800+)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'm running a turion... best decision i made...
its 64bit capable so as soon as windows vista is out, i'm hopping on the bandwagon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)